• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DNG Converter 10.3 compatibility to Mac OS Version 10.11 or higher

New Here ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded the DNG Converter 10.3 for the conversion of RAW-Files of my SONY RX100 V to Lightroom 6. The installation of the converter fails with the hint that Mac OS Version 10.11 or higher is requested. I have already updated my Mac to OS Version 10.13. Has anyone an idea to solve the issue? Thanks for support.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not a Mac person, and not at all familiar with the operating system. Are you saying that the DNG converter 10.3 will not even install on your system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Jim, Thank you for your comment. Yes, it´s not possible to install the DNG Converter 10.3 on my Mac. Today I talked to a colleague at work and after the discussion I believe I need to dig more into the Mac OS Version issue and the update status.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a side note. Your camera is actually supported in Lightroom 6.8 / 2015.8 so if you update to that version (or later) you should be able to import those files into Lightroom without converting to DNG first. You may have other reasons to use the DNG Converter, but I wanted to point that out.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screen Shot 2018-05-20 at 6.04.03 PM.png

Have a similar issue with Mac OS 10.13.4 (17E202) (High Sierra).  I have installed the app several times and all I get i a blank screen when I open the app.  About DNG Converter is blank... and no functionality seems to display.  The apps screen just shows a blank screen with nothing - as i said - it is blank.  Sometimes it will abend with a dump.

Does not matter how I open the app.   Can open the app itself and get the above screen shot.    Can click on a NEF file and select the DND Convert app to open the image and get the same screen shot as above.

Bottom line - it does not do anything.... i.e. work.

Just as a side note....  I can convert NEF to DNG via the Adobe Bridge import.   I was trying to use this app for some IR Color NEF images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines