Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DNG Converter Download Damaged

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to download Adobe DNG Converter off of Google Chrome to a 2015 Macbook running on the latest Mojave, and I've downloaded it a couple times and when I go to open the app it says "“DNGConverter_11_1.dmg” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash." I have no idea how to remedy this and can't seem to find anything online about it either. Any assistance is appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to download the entire 390MB DMG.  It took several minutes, but doesn't have any errors.

It is possible your DMG download was stopped prematurely and as such is corrupted but the corrupted copy is in the browser cache and continues to be a problem..  Try clearing the browser cache and see if you can get a complete download that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried clearing the cache, and also I tried downloading from another browser. I've used chrome and safari now and both end up with a corrupted "damaged" file. Mac help suggests this error occurs because the code doesn't match the signed coded or something to that effect, and that I can override this security setting by control-clicking on the app in finder and then opening it that way, which also doesn't work. The downloads are completing it seems.

My laptop had water damaged and just after Christmas I sent it to apple and they gave me back almost a completely new computer, most of the major parts were refurbished. I have no idea if this could have some effect or how to narrow that down, but this is super strange and annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines