• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DNG Converter no longer supporting some files?

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2017 Aug 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the DNG converter has been updated over the years, has it stopped recognizing some file extensions (or perhaps camera models)?  I updated several levels and it will no longer open any CR2 files.  To be sure I wasn't just doing something wrong myself, I tried to convert a CR2 file that I had converted over the weekend in an older version.  Same file, same source folder (as it only lets you select a folder and not the file itself).

Windows

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would mean that the DNG converter doesn't support any Canon raw files. There must be something wrong with your installation of the converter. I would suggest downloading and installing again. To my knowledge, no camera has been dropped from support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was my thought as well so I have uninstalled and installed again.  Twice.  My plan, if nothing else works, is to downgrade again and see if the files are able to be recognized again.  I have found 5 more files that I converted over the weekend where their original CR2 files are no longer recognized.  Is it possible that DNG does something to the original file that renders it unrecognizable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with Lumix RW2 (Camera Lumix GX8)  files om mac. RW2 worked with previous DNG converter versions. But with version 4.1.1 i get an error message.

Where can I download a previous converter version?DNG Converter Issues 170816.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is where I got a choice between all the previous versions for Windows:

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Interesting footnote....I have gone back to versions 4.5 & 4.6 and the files are recognized but not parsing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share one of the raw images via dropbox or similar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don´t have the ability to share files through dropbox. Instead, I´ve sent you a link to download a RW2 file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't see a link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posted it as a message to you att your "about" page JimHess

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever you did, it didn't work because I can't find any reference to an image anywhere. I don't know what feature you used. I haven't received images that way ever before. This probably isn't going to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I finally got the file. But this has gone way beyond what I know what to do. Not only will the DNG converter not convert it, but Bridge won't even see the file, Photoshop will not recognize it as a legitimate file to open, and the Windows Photos application won't open it either. I don't know what to do with the file. If someone else is following this thread, perhaps they have an idea of what to do. I don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange, on my Mac Pro (OS X 10.11.14) and latest version of all CC software the file open in Photoshop ACR and then in photoshop. Bridge can see file and there is no problem to open it from there. No probs importing in Lightroom, or copy as DNG. But I don't work that way. I like to use Adobe DNG converter as I have done for years.

Is it impossible to get an earlier version from Adobe?

Thanks for your efforts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the latest Lightroom, Photoshop and Camera Raw. So I don't know what the deal is with the file that you sent in that zip file. But I can't do anything with it. I can't look at it with anything. I guess that doesn't matter. If you can use the raw files I don't see any sense in converting to DNG. But if that's what you like to do then go for it. Personally, I think it's a waste of time. Here is a link to a download page where you can download updates for all Adobe products. If you scroll down you will find the DNG converter listed, Windows and Mac. Click on your appropriate platform and you can choose whatever back version you want.

Adobe software and product updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DNG converter 9.9 works like a charm, no issues. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines