• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DNG converter installs but can't be found?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CS6 and recently acquired a Canon 200D camera.   To  use RAW I needed to install the adobe DNG as the camera and program are incompatible .  This downloaded OK and then extracted OK and the installer said all was OK.  BUT, I can't find the program anywhere on my computer.  It doesn't appear in the app list, or in file explorer under the programs folder -- where is it ?????   I'm running windows 10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Is your windows 10 32 bit or 64 bit?

I ask since the adobe dng converter starting with version 11.0 is 64 bit only.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it made it past the installation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes -- it appears to get to the end of the installer and then offers click 'finish'   So I assume it has installed ----   but maybe it hasn't?  I id try the install a couple of times with no improvement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Camera Raw forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you installed the latest version, it should be in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe DNG Converter

You can create a shortcut to the .exe file - Adobe DNG Converter.exe and put that on your desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should be there but isn't!  Can't find the Adobe DNG Converter.exe file by searching the C: drive either.  It seems as if the setup program is happy to say the installation is complete but it actually isn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your windows 10 32 bit or 64 bit?

I ask since the adobe dng converter starting with version 11.0 is 64 bit only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great call Jeff.   I downloaded DNG 10.5 and it works fine.  I looked back and the fact that DNG 11.0 + is 64 bit only isn't mentioned so thanks for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i am having the same problem. Where did you find the 10.5 version to download?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the fact that DNG 11.0 + is 64 bit only isn't mentioned so thanks for your reply.

Agreed.

It's not even in the System Requirements

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Adobe DNG Converter 11.2

"SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Microsoft® Windows® 7 with Service Pack 1 or Windows 10 (version 1703 or later)"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines