• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DNG converter not recognising RW2 files.

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm trying to convert my RW2 files converted so that I can then use Photoshop Elements 9 to edit them. However, although I've downloaded the latest version of DNG converter (several times!), it still won't detect or recognise any of my RW2 files. Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Thanks. Steve.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Choose the folder that contains your  raw images. Single click on that folder. Then click on the "Convert" button.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The DNG converter works at the FOLDER level. When using the converter, choose the folder that contains the raw images but don't open that folder using the DNG converter browser. If you do, then you will get the message that there are no files to convert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, and thanks for getting back to me on this.

I've tried this and unfortunately it still doesn't work for me. It shows the folder name where I put the RW2 files but won't do anything further. (I'm running Windows 7, if that makes any difference). So any further help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will not see any files in the folder because it only shows folders; furthermore, you should only single-click on the folder name to select the name, rather than double-clicking to open the folder, which will lead to a nothing found message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the message, it's restored some of my faith in that sometimes someone does try and offer helpful advice!

But I'm sad to say that I still can't get DNG Converter to open any of my RW2 files, despite however many times I click, hover, or select the containing folder.

So I have succumbed to what I guess Adobe wanted me to do all along and upgrade my Photoshop Elements 9 to their latest version. It's cost me £56 or so and taken quite a while to download and extract itself, but at least now I'm no longer getting frustrated at not being able to work on my RW2 files, as Elements 15 opens them without any trouble at all.

So thanks to both of you for your time and trouble in getting back to me, and may I wish you a very Happy New Year, too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Choose the folder that contains your  raw images. Single click on that folder. Then click on the "Convert" button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines