• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Date field in file-save

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When saving JPEGs from Camera Raw, I always insert a second field with the current date, in the ddmmyy format.

This worked fine until a few months ago, when the file names started showing "ddmmyy (date)" instead of inserting the date itself.

Unusually, I can't find this error on web searches.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

SOLVED

Thanks, but the key combination above allowed the resetting of preferences only when I open the file using the Open Recent option, not when opening in the usual way. In any case, it doesn't solve the date problem.

The issue is to do with how I've been constructing the file's name. I use a name, date and serial number. These are separated by spaces and hyphens. Here's a way to do it which doesn't work:

Date problem 1.jpg

It was only through changing the way I entered the fields I discovered that if you insert a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system, version of photoshop and camera raw are you using?

You might try resetting the camera raw preferences.

Open photoshop.

Hold down the Shift+Ctrl+Alt (windows) or Shift-Command-Option (mac) keys and then go to File>Open and click on one of your camera raw files.

Keep holding keys down until you get a reset dialog as below

Press Yes

Screenshot-(98).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Here's the info:

WIndows 10 Home

Photoshop 5.1 (64)

Bridge 5

Camera Raw 6.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you reset the camera raw preferences as explained in my last reply?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That key combination does nothing, I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In photoshop hold down Shift+Ctrl+Alt while clicking on File>Open Recent, clicking on one of your raw files and keeping holding the keys until you get the reset dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SOLVED

Thanks, but the key combination above allowed the resetting of preferences only when I open the file using the Open Recent option, not when opening in the usual way. In any case, it doesn't solve the date problem.

The issue is to do with how I've been constructing the file's name. I use a name, date and serial number. These are separated by spaces and hyphens. Here's a way to do it which doesn't work:

Date problem 1.jpg

It was only through changing the way I entered the fields I discovered that if you insert any text in an automatic field like date or serial number, it converts the whole field to text. So now I build the fields this way:

Date problem 2.jpg

So although I can insert spaces and a hyphen in the first file-name field - because it's text - the same elements between the date and serial number fields have to be in their own [text] field.

I wrote all this only because there may be someone else who likes to format the file's name in this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines