• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 14 Nikon D3400 images aren't opening.

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded Elements 14 and tried uploading my NEF raw files from my D3400 but it says they aren't supported. I updated elements 14 and restarted my computer and keep getting the same message. It says I need Camera raw 9.7 for my D3400 and the camera raw I have is 9.5 but when I try to update it it says I have the leatest version and there aren't any updates. What do I do now?

Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Yes, you need Camera Raw 9.7 for the D3400 which is only compatible with Elements 15+. So you'll never be able to open D3400 Raw files in Elements 14.

Camera Raw plug-in and Adobe application compatibility

mosess24  wrote

What do I do now?

You've got a couple of options: one paid, one free.

Paid: Pay to upgrade to Elements 15 and update to Camera Raw 9.10 (current). Then you can edit Raw files in Elements 15.

Free: download the free Adobe DNG converter, batch convert all D3400 Raw files to DNG format.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you need Camera Raw 9.7 for the D3400 which is only compatible with Elements 15+. So you'll never be able to open D3400 Raw files in Elements 14.

Camera Raw plug-in and Adobe application compatibility

mosess24  wrote

What do I do now?

You've got a couple of options: one paid, one free.

Paid: Pay to upgrade to Elements 15 and update to Camera Raw 9.10 (current). Then you can edit Raw files in Elements 15.

Free: download the free Adobe DNG converter, batch convert all D3400 Raw files to DNG format. Then open and edit the DNG files (not the Raw files) in Elements 14. An extra step for you but no extra cost.

Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC

Camera Raw: How to use Adobe DNG Converter - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for that John, I will give it a shot tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines