• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 15 opening RAW files

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Panasonic Lumix FZ300 and have downloaded Camera  Raw 9.1.1 and a much later version.  After each download, Elements 15 will open raw files.  Then the next time I try, it will not open raw files.  Any thoughts?  I'm using a MAC 10.12.5

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements 15 originally shipped with Camera Raw 9.6 and is compatible with all versions through 9.10. That is according to the published list from Adobe. So any of those versions should work with raw files from your camera. Trying to install Camera Raw 9.1.1 with Photoshop Elements 15 would not work because that version of Camera Raw is not compatible. My suggestion would be for you to install Camera Raw 9.10 and see how things go. Camera Raw 9.1.1 was the first version that supported your camera model, but it has been supported in every version since then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I will definitely try that, though as I noted, I have found that Elements 15 will open raw files initially and then not do so the next time I’m using the exact same form of Camera Raw. Should I uninstall other forms of Camera Raw (if I can figure out where they now are on my computer and how to uninstall them!)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should only be one Camera Raw plug-in installed in the folder. If there is more than one plug-in installed it can cause problems. If you can find the folder, and there is more than one plug-in, you should delete all but the newest. It's just a plug-in, so if you find more than one you can just delete the extras.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

Again, thanks so much  for helping me.  I have searched for Camera Raw in my Plug-Ins folder as well as in Downloads, Launchpad, and simply in the Search icon.  It hasn't come up anywhere.   Other places to look, or should I just go ahead with 9.10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try doing a search for "Camera Raw.8bi". On my Windows 10 computer is located in:

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines