Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hello I need help with Camera Raw [Changes color tone]

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

every time I open a file now it changes the color tone of the over all file

[Moved from the non-technical Lounge Forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Camera Raw are you talking about? Please describe more fully what the change is. If possible, provide a screenshot. Screenshots must be posted from a computer, not from a phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@have same troubles after refreshing ((( today

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you need to consider your Photoshop color settings. This is how I have mine configured:

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it will help as my settings are not too far from yours, besides within the previous 4 to 5 years I never have to bother to manage settings after a new version upload (It was preserved automatically).

But thanks anyway

Actually I think it is a glitch in a new / refreshed/ version of PS or CR, as it happend right after I've uploaded them. Or may be Sony cameras are not welcome anymore. )))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image you posted looks a bit similar to the one in this thread: Camera Raw 9.12

That poster fixed it by rolling back to Camera Raw 9.10. What version do you have?

But I would first try to disable the GPU in Camera Raw, and check the monitor profile.

Both these things are described in the thread I linked to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

9.12... and it is my case. Turning off GPU (graphic processor in settings) has returned me the true colours. ))) Thanks a lot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't even think of the GPU option. I'm glad that worked for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The technology today becomes more and more complicated. In many areas people don't really know what's inside, including me, by the way. Why is it GPU should be off? GPU is intended for speeding up the PS type of tasks. Straight logic isn't applicable anymore...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GPU option is a little confusing. It is primarily provided for those who have the new high resolution 4K/5K monitors. It provides very little benefit for the rest of us and just causes problems such as this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply I juts ended up having to reinstall everything I couldn't find any solutions so re-sintalling was the quickest option. Thanks again to anyone that tried to answer my question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope your colours are OK now too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you need to consider your Photoshop color settings

Just for the record, color settings don't matter. ACR and Photoshop should always display identically, whatever color spaces used.

If they don't, something is wrong in the conversion from source to monitor profile. Usually it's a defective profile, or ACR is using the wrong one, but it can also be the GPU botching the conversion like here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my PC its the issue the mac at home doesn't have this problem. Ive been running Photoshop on the PC for 4 months now and never an issue. The problems started to show up this week even after a clean reinstall the problem started again after about a day or so. So i'm right back where I started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear this (((... Mine is OK.  But sometimes my comp uploads new versions automatically.... It is not Mac though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting this question. I have a very similar problem with Camera Raw 9.12.0.784, but somewhat worse than your image example. I never had any problems with the previous versions. Something broke in the latest update.

Unfortunately for me, turning off the GPU acceleration hasn't fixed the problem.

GB

Intel i7-4510U CPU

16 GB RAM

Windows 8.1 - 64 Bit (all updates)

300 GB free disk space

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this somehow helps, mine is

Intel i5-4570 CPU

Windows 10 Pro

500GB free.

All the rest is similar to yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I have the exact same problem.  White looks cyan only in Adobe Camera RAW.  I am relieved in a sense that it's not isolated to my computer.

The temporary solution for people that are saying disabling the GPU doesn't work is that they should work with either ProPhoto RGB or Adobe RGB until the problem is fixed by Adobe.  8-bit should be fine for most people.

And most importantly, when working with ProPhoto/Adobe RGB, before you save the JPG, you have to convert to the sRGB iec61966-2.1 by going to Edit -> Convert to profile.  If you don't, you are going to have a really bad time with clients if you forget to do this.  It will look fine on your computer.  But people's faces will look gray when they view your jpeg on something like a mobile device that does not recognize the ProPhoto/Adobe RGB embedded profile.

I think this is pretty much a huge issue that Adobe should be aware by now?  Please fix this ASAP!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TheDailyNote  wrote

The temporary solution for people that are saying disabling the GPU doesn't work is that they should work with either ProPhoto RGB or Adobe RGB

Could you be more specific? Where, exactly, do you set the profile to ARGB or PPRGB? Are you saying that by doing this, the cyanish whites disappear and the image now displays identically in ACR and Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  When you open a photo in ACR, look at the bottom of the ACR window and it'll say "sRGB IEC61966-2.1:8 bit: 8888 by 8888 (50MP): 300ppi"

You can click on it.  Change the Color Space/Space to ProPhoto RGB (scroll up, it is right above sRGB IEC...).  Your colors should look good now. This setting will stick.  Hopefully Adobe will fix the problem and we can revert it back since ProPhoto RGB requires a lot more computer processing.

But, remember your workflow has changed.  Outside of ACR, you have to convert the color profile back to sRGB (in Photoshop by going to Edit -> Convert to profile).  Definitely, don't forget this step.  You have to do this step for each photo.

Working with ProPhoto RGB isn't all bad.  A lot of the professionals choose to work with ProPhoto because it retains more details in the highlights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I know all about color spaces. I was just curious if this setting affected the specific problem of cyanish whites - which I haven't seen myself BTW.

Since it apparently does, it's clearly a bug in ACR, as opposed to a corrupt/defective monitor profile (normally the prime suspect in these cases).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, however in following this thread I'm not sure how to either try turning off the GPU (where/how) and I do not see an option at bottom of screen in ACR to switch color spaces (I'm launching ACR when I have an image open in PS).

Anyone able to clarify directions? I'm feeling like an idiot but this cyan overall is crap-tastic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop, go to Edit > Preferences > Camera Raw, (on a Mac: Photoshop > Preferences > Camera Raw), and uncheck Use graphics processor at the bottom.

I do not see an option at bottom of screen in ACR to switch color spaces (I'm launching ACR when I have an image open in PS).

Sounds like you're using the Camera Raw filter, which does not have the workflow options at the bottom.

If you open a raw file in Camera Raw, you will se them.

ACR-gpu.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug with Camera Raw seems to have been fixed in version 9.12.1.790. Can you confirm that it fixed the problem for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke too soon. Camera Raw is still broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines