• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help: Can't open psd files

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After editing photo, I saved it as photoshop type PSD, PDD,PSDT (color ICC Profile: Adobe RGB) and now I couldn't open it ((( What should I do to open it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Hi Olesian,

As Chuck said, Adobe Camera Raw cannot open psd files.

ACR can open jpeg, raw, and tif image (but the tif image cannot have any extra layers).

Within Photoshop, one can select the ACR Filter and work on psd files as well as tif images that do have layers. It is recommended to make the image a Smart Object before selecting the ACR Filter to maintain non-destructive editing.

Hope all this helps, let us know

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you editing the image in Camera Raw or Photoshop? Are you trying to reopen the psd in Camera Raw? If so, you can't open psd files in Camera Raw, only Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With all due respect, but I am able to open a PSD file in the Camera RAW plug-in.

In Photoshop: Menu Open --> select .psd file --> options "all files" and "Camera RAW" --> Open button

This opens the .psd file in the Camera RAW plug-in.

Of course, it could be that I am using a bug (but in this case, I'd prefer to consider it to be a feature…)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the "Open As," and it flattens the psd file, so it's only working on one layer, very similar to the camera raw filter inside of PS, so it really doesn't open a full psd file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the explanation, Chuck.

As we need flattened pictures in our workflow, it works for us, but it is good to know.

Actually, wouldn't it flatten TIFFs as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would imagine that it would flatten riffs as well, but I haven't tried it in them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Olesian,

As Chuck said, Adobe Camera Raw cannot open psd files.

ACR can open jpeg, raw, and tif image (but the tif image cannot have any extra layers).

Within Photoshop, one can select the ACR Filter and work on psd files as well as tif images that do have layers. It is recommended to make the image a Smart Object before selecting the ACR Filter to maintain non-destructive editing.

Hope all this helps, let us know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines