Help: Can't open psd files

After editing photo, I saved it as photoshop type PSD, PDD,PSDT (color ICC Profile: Adobe RGB) and now I couldn't open it ((( What should I do to open it?

View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Help: Can't open psd files

After editing photo, I saved it as photoshop type PSD, PDD,PSDT (color ICC Profile: Adobe RGB) and now I couldn't open it ((( What should I do to open it?

View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More
6 Replies

Re: Help: Can't open psd files

Correct Answer by gary_sc
Adobe Community Professional, Oct 22, 2018

Hi Olesian,

As Chuck said, Adobe Camera Raw cannot open psd files.

ACR can open jpeg, raw, and tif image (but the tif image cannot have any extra layers).

Within Photoshop, one can select the ACR Filter and work on psd files as well as tif images that do have layers. It is recommended to make the image a Smart Object before selecting the ACR Filter to maintain non-destructive editing.

Hope all this helps, let us know

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Are you editing the image in Camera Raw or Photoshop? Are you trying to reopen the psd in Camera Raw? If so, you can't open psd files in Camera Raw, only Photoshop.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

With all due respect, but I am able to open a PSD file in the Camera RAW plug-in.

In Photoshop: Menu Open --> select .psd file --> options "all files" and "Camera RAW" --> Open button

This opens the .psd file in the Camera RAW plug-in.

Of course, it could be that I am using a bug (but in this case, I'd prefer to consider it to be a feature…)

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Adobe Community Professional, Nov 04, 2018

That is the "Open As," and it flattens the psd file, so it's only working on one layer, very similar to the camera raw filter inside of PS, so it really doesn't open a full psd file.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Thanks for the explanation, Chuck.

As we need flattened pictures in our workflow, it works for us, but it is good to know.

Actually, wouldn't it flatten TIFFs as well?

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Adobe Community Professional, Nov 04, 2018

I would imagine that it would flatten riffs as well, but I haven't tried it in them.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Correct Answer by gary_sc

Hi Olesian,

As Chuck said, Adobe Camera Raw cannot open psd files.

ACR can open jpeg, raw, and tif image (but the tif image cannot have any extra layers).

Within Photoshop, one can select the ACR Filter and work on psd files as well as tif images that do have layers. It is recommended to make the image a Smart Object before selecting the ACR Filter to maintain non-destructive editing.

Hope all this helps, let us know

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines