• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Histogram and image problems in camera raw

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Camera Raw with Photoshop CC 2018 and am having trouble with viewing the histogram.  Here's a picture of the camera raw UI for one of my pictures...

Capture.JPG

Also, if I attempt to resize the camera raw window, my picture above also becomes "garbled" just like the histogram view....

Capture2.JPG

Any suggestions on how to fix this?  I've tried re-installing the camera-raw 10.5 plugin once, and that did not help.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Hi Braratd,

Have you tried to turn off "Use Graphic Processor" found in the ACR preferences?

Parallel to that, what is your operating system (and what is the model of your Graphic Processor)?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Display Driver update did not help.

Interestingly enough, opening the raw file in Lightroom Classic CC does not show this problem.  It's only with Photoshop CC 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Braratd,

Have you tried to turn off "Use Graphic Processor" found in the ACR preferences?

Parallel to that, what is your operating system (and what is the model of your Graphic Processor)?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary,

Turning off the "User Graphics Processor" option in the ACR preferences worked!  With that turned off, I'm able to see the histogram and image without any distortion.

Thank you!!

PS: My graphics processor (as reported by Photoshop is an "AMD Radeon R7 M270"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Braratd,

I know that Adobe staff look at these forums and that will let them know that there is an issue with that processor.

Best,

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am currently having the same issue with 2x Geforce RTX 2080 Ti set up in SLI. i know that i can turn off the GPU but thats a lot of time wasted for a workaround... is this problem ever going to get fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You probably have to ask Nvidia about that. These things are nearly always driver bugs.

One thing you can try is to install the "studio" version instead of the "game ready" driver version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines