• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do i restore camera raw 6.6 by installing it over camera raw 6.7?

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive recently installed camera raw 6.7 and its missing a major part of functionality I use everyday, namely CA correction. The auto CA correction in CR 6.7 is worse than useless and I need to revert  to a CR version that allows me to correct CA manually - therefore how do I revert to camera raw ver 6.6 by installing it over ver 6.7 pls?

I know this old hat to most PS users but im still on CS5.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Ok, i'm not sure where the plugin would go with a Mac, but with Windows, the Camera Raw Plugin is put in this folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC\File Formats\Camera Raw.8bi

Actually, I just checked, and it looks like they have an installer for 6.6 at this link:

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Camera Raw 6.6 update

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can find a download for 6.6, just reinstall it. If that version of ACR was before they used the installation method, you just replace the plug-in file in the plug-in folder. What OS are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS system is Windows 8.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, i'm not sure where the plugin would go with a Mac, but with Windows, the Camera Raw Plugin is put in this folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC\File Formats\Camera Raw.8bi

Actually, I just checked, and it looks like they have an installer for 6.6 at this link:

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Camera Raw 6.6 update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cheers for this. The link and download works fine but the extractor doesn't complete. Keep getting an error log which then reverts me back to CR6.7

I have a feeling this is going to be a right royal pain so will just suffer with 6.7 until I finally have no choice but to go onto CC with hopefully a sensible CR version to match

Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines