• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to install Camera RAW 8.4

Participant ,
Apr 23, 2014 Apr 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded Camera RAW 8.4 (from here: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5739) and installed it. There's not much to it. No real settings to do in the installer. Yet, it doesn't properly install. Photoshop CC says it's still at CR 8.3, and Lightroom still complains it needs CR 8.4 in order to edit a photo in Photoshop. It's installed, definately. The DNG Converter is working, too.

So my situation is this:

Windows 7 x64

Photoshop CC (with CR8.3, apparently)

Lightroom 5.4

Camera RAW 8.4 installed

All applications have been freshly updated about half an hour ago.

So how do I get Photoshop to use CR8.4 instead of 8.3?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link you provided is not for the Camera Raw plug-in for Photoshop, but instead is the DNG Converter which is a standalone program that is run to convert raw files to DNGs for obsolete versions of Photoshop.

Adobe has links to Photoshop ACR downloads, here – be sure to get the one for CC and not CS6:

http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2011/03/keeping-photoshop-up-to-date.html#notconnected

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's easiest to install the correct update by simply selecting Help>Updates... from Photoshop or Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 24, 2014 Apr 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeffrey that doesn't work. CC says it's up-to-date, even though CR 8.3 is reported to be installed.

@ssprengel That one doesn't work either. The update says "This patch is not applicable for you." and more words. I took the CC version and I have Photoshop CC.

What now?

/edit

Just verified, Photoshop CC says it's at version 14.2.1 x64. That's the latest. That's the one that's *supposed* to get CR 8.4, but apparently something is broken.

/edit2

Update from the CC program doesn't do anything either. When selecting "View Updates & Requests" from the menu it says "You have no more requests". This is confusing to say the least, because what about updates? Either way, this one doesn't update CR either. But what the hell does?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thany, I am having the same problem as you with the updater saying everything is up to date.  I even tried contacting support and they thought it should be in the Creative Cloud Desktop app so I quit that a couple times and re-signed in but still no sign of ACR 8.4.  I really hope someone gets this figured out.

Mac OS X 10.9.2

Photoshop CC 14.2.1 x64

Lightroom 5.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Please provide me with a snapshot from Ps->Help->Update->Preferences.

Please confirm your ACR version from Help->About Plugin->Camera Raw and provide us with the following logs.

You can find them at:

ACR Installer logs

For Mac:

Library\Logs\Adobe\Installer

For Win:

Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers

AAM logs

For Mac:

/Volumes/%Volume Name%/Users/%Username%/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdater/1.0

For Win:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\AAMUpdater

You can zip all the files together and send us through mail. This would help us in finding the root cause.

Appreciate your help. Apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Ashutosh

asnigam@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue, the only way to fix it was to uninstall Photoshop CC, sign out of creative cloud, sign back in and reinstall. Be sure to save your plugins folder just in case.  After doing that, everything worked fine.  I am concerned about future updates however.  Hope this issue gets resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 25, 2014 Apr 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ashutosh.Nigam

You have an e-mail from me

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Creative Cloud says I'm up to date in my apps. Both Bridge and PS CC say I'm up to date. But I still have ACR 8.3 and Lightrooom complains every time I export out to PS to edit that it needs 8.4. I'm not wild about the idea of uninstalling and re-installing. Surely there's a better solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide me with the details as mentioned in my previous post in this thread.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope this is what you need. I see that in the Updater folder, I have one for 8.4 but it isn’t showing up in PS. I appreciate your help.

Janice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been able to fix this problem by copying the CameraRaw-related directories over from another machine to my machine that was having trouble. After that, went into PS, checked for updates, and presto.

The directories in question should be here:

C:\Program files (x86)\common files\adobe\AAMUpdaterInventory\1.0\

Or here if you're on 32-bit:

C:\Program files\common files\adobe\AAMUpdaterInventory\1.0\

The name of the directories you need to copy over are:

PhotoshopCameraRaw8-8.0

PhotoshopCameraRaw864bit-8.0

I'm not sure if I can (or should) post those directories here, as I don't know what's in them exactly.

Safe to say, this is a bit fiddly. And it must be possible for the CC program to autmatically recover from these kinds of missing folders. It's "kinda" silly that it even needs this - it should just check for updates on absolutely everything, not just on things that happen to be in a directory that can apparantly loose items for whatever reason. Rants aside, this workaround fixed things for me. Your mileage may vary

Thanks to @Ashutosh.Nigam for helping me with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2014 May 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just found something that worked for me. My MacBook Pro had updated correctly with the ACR 8.4 plug-in. I noticed that the date on that plug-in was over a month newer than the one on my iMac. So I copied the one on my MacBook over to my iMac, replaced the older plug-in file with the newer one, and now Photoshop CC has the latest ACR. Here's where you find the file to replace: Library>Application support> Adobe>Plug-ins>CC>File Formats>CameraRaw plug-in. Hope that helps someone. I don't know what you do if you don't have a newer file to copy over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines