• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have PSCC. The CC app tells me that ACR is up to date, but it won't open the raw files of an A7R4

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea why?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Camera raw is not allowing you to open images from the Sony A7R IV (ILCE-7RM4).

Please note that this camera is available with preliminary support only which means that the image quality and raw format support for the given camera model is not yet finalized and may be updated in a future release.

However, Camera Raw should read the raw images. Are you getting any specific error message? Could you pleae provide some screenshots illustrating the issue?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the 'Adobe cannot open this file.' notification box. Does one's computer OS have something to do with it? I'm using Win7-64.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the actual version of Photoshop that you are running, and what is the version number of camera raw that you have installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20.0.6 and 11.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To get the preliminary support that is apparently available, you need to update your Camera Raw to the current version which is 11.41. That is done via the creative cloud application manager. It may be necessary for you to update your application manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, Camera Raw should read the raw images.

Only if Camera Raw 11.4 or later is installed, Akash.

In this case, as Jim has pointed out, an update is required to successfully read those files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I called Customer Service, 800/833-6687, and after waiting about 25 minutes, talked to a fellow who told me rather quickly that ACR11.41 CANNOT be installed under Windows 7-64.. I got a bit annoyed and said goodbye.. He called me in about 2 minutes, apologized for his official, too-quick answer, and told me he now could do what I wanted.. I said something like 'please do'.. He did, and several minutes later the system opened a Sony a7R4-camera raw file.  And they do indeed look better, overall, than the largest, finest JPGs.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH ADOBE!!!!!!!!!

FWIW, I'm just a paying customer (for about 19 years, I believe), paying my $15 a month, month after month, but I still believe PS and ACR are the best foto editors around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines