• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm having trouble installing VSCO presets in ACR

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have VSCO presets already installed in ACR. I accidentally deleted a group of them in ACR and I want to reinstall/reimport them, (I still have the preset files, currently on my desktop). I can't figure out how to install them though. I know this should be simple but I've been trying for a while and can't seem to figure it out. Anybody have a solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have VSCO presets so I cannot tell you from looking at things on my computer, but I would expect that when you purchased/downloaded the presets there was an installer or at least a ZIP file of the presets and profiles and instructions.  I'd suggest looking on VSCO's site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can’t reach your original installer, zip your profiles a d follow the instructions to import them here:

Adjust color rendering for your camera in Adobe Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if what you have on your desktop are XMP preset files, then copy the XMP files to:

Win: C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings

Mac: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thank you both for answering. Sorry in advance for a long response...

So what I have on my desktop are actually lrtemplate files, so that could be my first problem...

But here's something that's puzzling:

When I go to the directory you mentioned  (/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings) I don't see any VSCO presets there, only the Adobe presets and profiles that come built in with ACR, yet I do have access to the other VSCO presets in ACR, besides the folder I accidentally deleted and am now trying to restore.

That had me thinking maybe my VSCO presets are stored somewhere else on the hard-drive, but when I go to "load settings..." under the preset tab drop-down menu, it take me to a folder with all my VSCO presets. When I hit ⌘-i on one of the presets to see where it's located, it tells me that it's in /Users/rafaelmoses/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings, the same place you have directed me, which is strange because when I navigated there manually I didn't see them.

The folder of the deleted VSCO presets is present in /Users/rafaelmoses/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings but there are no actual files inside that folder. I guess when I deleted them accidentally in ACR it also deleted them on the harddrive? That seems like a crazy design flaw if that is the case.

And yes, the VSCO presets that I see when I go to "load settings..." are in fact xmp files. What I have on my desktop are lrtemplate files. And since the presets in question seem to be deleted from the folder in /Users/rafaelmoses/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings I may be out of luck to restore them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

.lrtemplate files are the versions of presets for LIGHTROOM.  Do you use that?  If you start up LR do you see the presets?  LR supposedly converted it's .lrtemplate version of the presets to .XMP versions and renamed the old versions of the .lrtemplate files to have leading underscores or tildes or something.  Search your hard-drive for other .lrtemplate files and see if you can find the pre-converted backup versions and see if your missing VSCO presets are there, and if so, rename the few that you need undeleted to not include the extra leading characters in the name and start LR and see if it'll convert them, then see if you can find where it converted them to.

Also, there are two instances of "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings".  One is under the root of your hard drive which is where installers of programs store things, and the other is under your username.  That username one is for third-party items such VSCO presets and profiles that don't come with the original program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines