• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Integrated lens profiles - stop patronizing!

Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After getting a Nikon Z6 I am for the first time effected by ACR applying a built-in lens profile that can not be disabled. Since I disabled lens correction inside the camera and Nikon itself is not applying in NX-D I really wish Adobe would stop patronizing me. It's an absolute nogo, Adobe!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lens corrections you can disable in the camera only affect jpgs.

With raw files, the corrections are written directly to the file in the camera, and there is no way to turn that off – in camera or in ACR. I believe it can be done in Capture One, never tried it.

I had a look at Capture NX-D now (I have a Z7), and the most important lens correction – distortion – can't be turned off. The check box for Auto Distortion Control cannot be unchecked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my Z6 lens corrections are turned off. Even if this only effects jpgs Nikon's NX-D does not correct the pictures unless I say so in the camera- and lens corrections menue of the software. This is what I want Adobe to respect, when turned off keep it off or at least give me the option to turn it off, just like other software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I checked NX-D again. It seems like lens correction is turned aff according to the settings in camera when using AF-S lenses with the adapter. When using the AF 24-70/4 S lens correction can not be unchecked in NX-D like you wrote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines