• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a keyboard shortcut for "Erase from selected adjustment" ?

Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

help.pngIn the Adjustment Brush panel, if I hover over the "New" (Create a new adjustment (N) ) I can see that "N" will toggle the creation of a new adjustment brush. But I would really like if there would be a keybord shortcut for "Erase" (Erase from selected adjustment). I appologise if this is a newbie question, I am not an expert in Adobe Camera  Raw, just switched from another RAW image processor. Maybe this informnation is somewhere available but I haven't found it so I created this post.

I would really apreciate if someone could answer. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Hi the_aDb,

If you press the Option/Alt key, you will be erasing. Releasing the Option/Alt and you will be adding again.

This is similar to many other adding/erasing functionality found in many Adobe products.

Welcome to the (messy) world of keyboard shortcuts. (Messy because the amount of consistency between applications is, well, low.)

Let us know if this helps you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi the_aDb,

If you press the Option/Alt key, you will be erasing. Releasing the Option/Alt and you will be adding again.

This is similar to many other adding/erasing functionality found in many Adobe products.

Welcome to the (messy) world of keyboard shortcuts. (Messy because the amount of consistency between applications is, well, low.)

Let us know if this helps you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. That actually makes a lot of sense. IT is consistent with the rest of the adding/erasing functionality in photoshop, as you say. I wonder why it didn't occur to me. I'm impressed by the speed with which people here reply and are willing to help the community. Thank you sir.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's all a matter of luck and if someone is around to see the question. Maybe go out and buy a lottery ticket?

Enjoy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines