• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lensprofiles disappeared in camera raw

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening. I have a new windows computer and camera raw, photoshop, bridge and ligtroom are installed on the new computer. In the drop-down box of camera raw there are only a few camera- en lens profiles mentioned but my camera and lenses are supported by Adobe. I still have my old computer (a Windows as well) and the above mentioned programs are also still installed om my old computer. I did not want to delete them yet till I know everything is up and running. And on my old computer I do not have any problems to indicate my cameras and lenses in camera raw. I read a lot about similar problems but unfortunately I could not solve the issue. How can I manage to get the drop down boxes with all cameras  and lensprofiles back in camera raw on my new computer? I always work with raw files.

It's about Sony cameras (sony ilce-a7rii  en sony a58) and the below Sony lenses

Lensprofile

Merk: Sony FE

Model: Sony FE 24-70 F4 ZAOSS

Profiel: Adobe (Sony FE 24-70 F4 ZAOSS)

Lensprofle

Merk: Sony

Model: Sony DT 18-1365 F3.5-5.6 SAM

Profiel: Adobe (Sony DT 18-1365 F3.5-5.6 SAM)

These profiles can be ticked off via drop-down boxes in camera raw on my old computer, not on the new computer??? (I bought a new computer because my old one works too slow in photoshop).

How can I have these profiles installed in camera raw on my new computer? I am getting desperate.

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards,

Christine De Vos

PS: I posted a similar note this afternoon in Flemish. This might have been not such a good idea since the majority is not speaking Flemish. Therefore I am reposting it in English

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi christined,

Please let us know the version of Photoshop you are using now? Also, refer the below troubleshooting article.

Work with lens profiles in Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, and Camera Raw

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most common reason there are only a few lens profiles listed is that your current photo is a JPG or similar non-raw photo and as such there are not many lens profiles for JPGs since many cameras and Adobe software can correct for the lens distortion before the JPG is written.  So double-check that the current photo is a raw photo not a JPG or TIF or PSD.

Another reason a lens profile might be missing is the version of LR is too old.  What version are you updated to?  Use Help / System Info in LR and look at the top line and report what version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning! Many thanks for your reaction.

I only use RAW photos. And I assume that I have the latest version of photoshop with camera raw plug-in (18.1.1 Photoshop / 9.12.1 Camera Raw). I also have LR (6.0 version), but so far I did not use this program. I pay a monthy fee, so I get updates regularly. I bought a new computer, I still have my old one and there I never got problems in terms of missing lensprofiles.

I bought a new, more powerful, computer (especially for better performance of Photoshop). The problem of missing lensprofiles is only on the new computer, on the old one it has always been fine.

Actually I asked this question in Flemish as well. Afterwards I realized that I should have written it in English, so I sent the English 'asking for help' version later (i.e. the version, you are answering right now). But actually I got an answer on the Flemish (Dutch) version, but the thread is not closed out yet.

https://forums.adobe.com/message/9830350#9830350

Your colleague advised me to install:

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Adobe DNG Converter 9.12.1<https://forums.adobe.com/external-link.jspa?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsupportdownloads.adobe.com%2F detail.jsp%3FftpID%3D6216<https://forums.adobe.com/external-link.jspa?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsupportdownloads.adobe.com%2Fdetail.jsp%3FftpID%3D6216>>

After installing this, my cameras and lens profiles showed up in Camera Raw.

But I still got some unanswered questions (I did not get a close-out answer):

What wil happen when new updates for Photoshop, Camera Raw, (Bridge and Lightroom) wil be introduced? Will the Adobe-supported lens profiles be plugged back in Camara Raw?

And will the installed DNG Converter also be updated when new lenses come out? Will I receive a message when there is an updated Adobe DNG converter version available?

I still find it odd that cameras and lensprofiles did not show up in Camera Raw after installing the programs. Although I can see that they are plugged into the programs. For my old computer, I never had to install any extra files in order to have all lens profiles in Camera Raw.

For the time being, I have the programs installed on both computers. I could verify the settings on my old computer (which was a good thing). I understand that this is not a problem if I don't use the the programs at the same time?

Many thanks for your follow-up,

Kind regards,

Christine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't matter if you only shoot RAW, double-check your current photo to make sure it is not a JPG, PSD or TIF.  It may have been produced by a camera mode like HDR or Panorama that only produces non-raws.  Or it may be a photo that has already been worked on and is thus is a JPG or PSD or TIF.

LR is at version 6.12, now.  If you only have 6.0 then it is too old for one of the two lenses you mention, which was supported first in 6.5.  Can you show us the version number by doing LR or Help / System Info... and copy/paste the first line in the information window that pops up into a reply, here, or maybe post a screenshot?

If both PS/ACR and LR are up-to-date, then installing the DNG Converter shouldn't be necessary, but sometimes the profiles are removed accidentally, somehow, and installing the DNG Converter will put back the profiles for PS/ACR.  It shouldn't affect the profiles for LR though.

The update(s) for LR and the updates for PS/ACR are different, so saying you get regular updates doesn't tell us which software is updated to what version.

I guess I'd like to see a screenshot of the camera manufacturers you have available in LR in the Lens Profiles selection list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your reply!

I never shoot in HDR or panorama mode. My camera is set on 'RAW ONLY'. So I am only able to use modes for RAW.

Currently I do not see any updates (see below). So far, I do not use LR. I use Camera Raw and Photoshop. I copied the info from Photoshop and LR below.

The problems happened when I had to install the programs on my new computer. Everything is fine on my old computer. Should I better remove all the apps on my new computer and re-install? But I am afraid to loose everything.

Versie Adobe Photoshop: 2017.1.1 20170425.r.252 2017/04/25:23:00:00 CL 1113967 x64

https://forums.adobe.com/message/9830350#9830350

Lightroom-versie: CC 2015.12

For camera raw there is no help function, so I do not have any information.

On my old computer my cameras and lenses were present in camera raw, also the new camera and lens (no need to have this DNG converter installed).

On my new computer they were not plugged into camera raw and lightroom, now I have them when I dowloaded the DNG converter.

I understand that this DNG converter is not an ideal solution. Ideally cameras and lenses should be plugged in in camera raw and lightroom. Could you please help.

I am paying a monthly fee for Adobe Creative Cloud, so I assume that I have the latest updates.

Many thanks for your investigation,

Kind regards,

Christine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your PS and LR appear up-to-date.  For the camera raw version you can do PS (or Help in Windows) / About Plug-ins / Camera Raw or better yet show us a screenshot as described below:

Can you give us a screenshot of one of the Sony raw files opened in an unmaximized ACR window (using the window-double-arrow button to max and unmax the window, which I've circled in the screenshot, below) then set the Make to Sony FE and click the Model drop-down list and show us what profiles there.  The screenshot should show the ACR version at the top left, then lens Model list at the right and the filename at the bottom.  I've opened one of my Canon raws but have set the list to show Sony FE lenses:

If you're not sure how to do a screenshot you can try LightShot linked at the top-right of this page:  https://prnt.sc/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning. Many thanks again!

Screenshot about Camera Raw info is attached. It looks the same version as yours.

To recall, after being advised by your colleague, I have installed the DNG converter and now my cameras and lenses show up. But this installation of a DNG converter is not a permanently fixed solution, I assume. The advised printscreen of one of my raw files in camera raw is attached but you will not notice the problem, because of the DNG converter installation.

What should I do, remove the DNG converter? Then you will only see a couple of Sony cameras and a few lenses, but not mine.

I just want to have all cameras and lenses plugged in into camera raw (and lightroom) like on the versions on my old computer without having to download a separate DNG converter file. I think that is also what you suggested. I don't understand why cameras and lens profiles did not show up in the applications on my new computer since it looks as if I have the latest versions of all applications.

And all applications on my old computer work without installing a DNG converter. There I have all my cameras and lenses without the need for installing a DNG converter. Please help me understand.

The reason for buying an upgraded computer is because my previous one is not workable anymore with big files of photoshop (too slow and crashes in the middle of working in photoshop).

Many thanks for your support,

Have a nice day,

Kind regards,

Christine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're replying by e-mail, attachments to the reply e-mail don't get attached, to avoid viruses being sent to the forum.  If you want to include a screenshot you have to go to the web version of the forum messages, click Reply, then either copy/paste the image into the message text, directly, or use the little image icon along the top of the area you type in and find the image by browsing your computer.

However, if things are working, then there's no need.

If installing the DNG Converter made things work, then something must have gone wrong with the profiles that were installed when the latest Camera Raw update was installed and the DNG Convert install reinstalled them the same place.  You can try uninstalling the DNG Converter and see if all the profiles disappear, and if so, then install it back and leave it.  Without knowing what the problem was, the Adobe installer for PS/ACR didn't do something right or something glitchy on your computer, it's hard to know what will happen if you get another new lens or need to install on another computer.  You do know what to do to fix it, now, though, install the newest DNG Converter, again.

To be clear, the only thing installing the DNG Converter did was copy the lens-profile files to your computer the same place the PS/ACR-updates should have installed them, but for some reason that didn't happen.  Those lens-profile files existing is what PS is enumerating each time it starts up to build the list of the lenses that can be corrected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

I will try to uninstall the DNG converter and eventually install it back.

Is this the latest version (this is the link your colleague sent to me)

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Adobe DNG Converter 9.12.1<https://forums.adobe.com/external-link.jspa?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsupportdownloads.adobe.com%2Fdetail.jsp%3FftpID%3D6216>

How will I be informed about new updates for the DNG converter since this is not included in my Adobe Creative Cloud?

When there will be future updates for camera raw, would ik be possible that this problem will disappear automatically? And what about re-installing camera raw?

Many thanks for your support and investigation.

Kind regards,

Christine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link, while convenient, is specific to the current version.

In the future you'd want to download the latest version from the Adobe Downloads/Updates page:

Adobe software and product updates

However, the DNG Converter should not be necessary if PS is installing properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I will keep this link and will check the DNG converter regularly for updates. Why PS is not installing properly, remains a mystery??

By the way, I checked the hidden files:

C--> Program Data --> Adobe --> Camera Raw --> Camera Profiles --> Adobe Standard --> my Sony cameras are included

C--> Program Data --> Adobe --> Camera Raw --> Lens Profiles --> 1.0 --> Sony --> all my lens profiles included

While all camera and lenses are included in the Program Data only a couple of lenses and cameras show up in Camera Raw.

Is this an exceptional problem or does it happen with other people as well?

Many thanks,

Kind regards,

Christine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are things working ok for you now or not?  Earlier you said installing the DNG Converter fixed things, but above you say only a couple lenses and cameras show up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably I was not clear in previous message.

You asked me earlier to remove the DNG converter. In that case only a couple of Sony cameras and a few Sony lenses to choose from, appear in Camera Raw. My Sony cameras and lenses are not there. Installing back the DNG converter gives me all my Sony cameras and lenses. So, installation of the DNG converter works but this is not an ideal solution because this does not belong directly to my Creative Cloud apps and I need to check myself for updates of the DNG converter.

As you mentioned before 'However, the DNG Converter should not be necessary if PS is installing properly'. So I assume that upon installing all my Adobe Creative Cloud apps on my new computer, something must have gone wrong. What could have happened? I also asked the question if removing all my Creative Cloud apps and installing them back should solve the issue?

In my previous message I also wanted to point out that in the hidden program files I see all my Sony cameras and Sony lenses, so basically one could think that all cameras and lenses shoud automatically pop up in Camera Raw but they don't:

C--> Program Data --> Adobe --> Camera Raw --> Camera Profiles --> Adobe Standard --> my Sony cameras are included

C--> Program Data --> Adobe --> Camera Raw --> Lens Profiles --> 1.0 --> Sony --> all my lens profiles included

So, in short: installing the DNG converter give my the needed cameras and lenses in camera raw but this is not an ideal solution.

Do you think that when there will be future upgrades, cameras and lenses will be automatically shown again in camera raw?

Many thanks for your support,

Have a nice day,

Kind regards,

Christine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past, not sure how far past and I thought it was still the case until your post, ProgramData is the place where both ACR and DNGC get their profiles from, and installing one should put the profiles, there, and both should be able to use them from the same spot. 

Now you're describing how the profiles are in the ProgramData area but ACR cannot see them.  I don't know why that would be.

Is there ANOTHER place where the .lcp profile files show up once you install the DNG Converter that they then disappear from when you uninstall the DNG Converter?

After uninstalling the DNGC do the profiles also disappear from the PS / Filter / Lens Corrections filter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again.

I am working in Camera Raw and Photoshop a lot over the weekend. The DNG converter is installed right now, so the APPS work fine now. On your request I will de-install the DNG converter another time after the weekend and follow up what will happen again and then install the converter back. Maybe it can be of use for other people as well.

Kind regards,

Have a nice weekend,

Christine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With things working, see if you can find two different places that your computer where all your Sony .lcp files reside, one will be in the ProgramData place you show, above, but look for another place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good morning!

At 1st glance I only see the profiles listed, as mentioned before, under the Program Data.:

But I am not very familiar with computer programs, etc. I could eventually ask the expert of my computer shop to find out if they see some other place where the lens profiles are included.

Don't know if this might be of any importance, the Adobe DNG Converter is installed under:

Program files (x86) --> Adobe --> Adobe DNG converter

As mentioned yesterday, I am using camera raw and photoshop right now, so I don't want to de-install the DNG converter right now.

Kind regards,

Have a nice weekend,

Christine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines