• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Camera RAW plug-in version 9.10

Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I have the most recent versions of Lightroom 2015.10 / Photoshop 2017.1.0 and Camera RAW 9.10 installed but i am still getting this message when i edit images in Photoshop from Lightroom:

This version of Lightroom may require the Photoshop Camera Raw plug-in version 9.10 for full compatibility

Please update the Camera Raw plug-in using the update tool available in the Photoshop help menu

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Glen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

The compatibility message you are getting is an error. It has been acknowledged by Adobe. The solution for the time being is to check the box to not show again and also choose the option to open anyway. When you do that everything will work as it should and the problem of the ever will be resolved in the next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here and others bugs as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I am having the same issue . Have contacted support but they could not fix it either. so glad it is not my Mac.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated today Photoshop to newest version 2017.1.1 but the problem still exists. Which update fix this problem?pshop.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The next one, which hasn't been released yet. And I don't think it's Camera Raw that needs to be updated, I think it's Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, let's see after the Lightroom update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here. yes you are right when unchecking the warning it does open the files in ps. but here is my problem: i shot e.g. 3 images for creating a hdr pro in ps. the dialog opens in ps and it enables me to create a 32bit file. but if i try to hit "open in acr" = "in acr tonen" it gives me a warning that camera raw filter is not available - any solution?Bildschirmfoto 2017-05-04 um 22.24.06 Kopie.jpgBildschirmfoto 2017-05-04 um 22.24.53 Kopie.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait for the Lightroom-update. It may solve the Lightroom-Problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get nearly the same Message but system tells me to install Camera Raw 9.9 even my version is 9.10...

OK, then let's wait for the LR update...

Bildschirmfoto 2017-05-04 um 14.09.30.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, while waiting for this next update, I will not be able to use camera raw on files such as jpg, psd and tif files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not quite sure what motivated your question. The basic problem surrounding this message is that there is a version comparison logic in Lightroom to ensure that the version of Camera Raw matches the Camera Raw technology built into the version of Lightroom you are using. Apparently, in the latest version of Lightroom, that comparison logic isn't right. Lightroom isn't displaying the message correctly. If you are using the Creative Cloud versions of Lightroom and Photoshop/Camera Raw everything is going to work the way it should despite the fact that the message is being displayed. I don't know whether you are in that situation or if you are editing JPEG, TIF and PSD images and Camera Raw from Bridge and going directly from Bridge into Camera Raw. In either case, you can do that without any problem. The only reason people are seeing the message is because the comparison logic is wrong. Apparently, in some situations, users are not getting access to the Camera Raw filter that is accessible from Photoshop. It's a problem. If you are able to get into Camera Raw using any type of file format as you have done in the past then you can continue to do so just as you have done in the past and everything should work as it has done in the past. It's a little bump in the road for the time being. Will it be fixed? Yes. When? When Adobe is ready to fix it. When will that be? When Adobe is ready to fix it. Does anybody know when that will be? Yes. However, anyone who knows when that will be cannot say, and anyone who says really doesn't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,
What motivated me to ask? I can't get camera raw to come up for jpg, tiff, and psd files. Lightroom tells me to download camera raw 9.10, but my photoshop already has it as far as I can tell. Should I reload? I'm sorry, I'm a pretty good photographer, but I am clueless with software and could use guidance on Photoshop and Lightroom!
Some good tutorials might help..........
Thank You Jim!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't mean to seem flippant or arrogant. If I open Bridge and highlight a JPEG or TIF image and choose to open in Camera Raw (using Camera Raw 9.10) it will open in Camera Raw. If I'm working in Lightroom and working on JPEG or TIF images (which is very seldom) I got the message until I made my choice not to show the message again. But now everything seems to be working normally. And I assume that it will continue to do so. When the next update comes I expect this problem will go away. So what are you doing differently that is not allowing you to work on your JPEG and TIF images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I'm reading I might be going about this the wrong way, I have been trying for the past 24 hrs to download Camera Raw onto my machine and windows 10 is saying its not compatible. I am paying for Lightroom and Photoshop like most other people, still learning how they both work, the RAW files from my Olympus camera don't open, some research is now telling me about Camera Raw it get them to open. So is Camera Raw a separate thing altogether ? This is what I'm getting from Windows.camera Raw 02.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not think so that Camera Raw 9.1.1 is incompatible with Windows 10. If your files are not opening then it's probably about your Olympus camera, which is not supported by the Camera Raw.

Here is the list of supported cameras Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not the camera, Thanks for the link I have checked it out before. That's me right at the bottom.

Olympus E-M5.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But why are you trying to download and install Camera Raw 9.1.1? If you are subscribed to the Creative Cloud you should have Lightroom CC 2015.10 (that's .ten) installed. Lightroom is NOT affected by the camera raw plug-in. And Photoshop should be running with Camera Raw 9.10 (again that's ten). The 0 IS significant in this instance. You should have been updated from the Creative Cloud application manager. Camera Raw 9.1.1 is out dated and definitely not what you are looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I've noticed.  I'm also subscriber to Adobe Photography program.  And some times ago it did not updated the Camera Raw during the software upgrade. I have no idea why but I was forced to upgrade Camera Raw plugin manually. Sometimes happens...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But at the moment I do not have camera raw at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange! The installer for Camera Raw 9.10 can be downloaded from here:

Camera Raw installer for Adobe Photoshop CC and CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's where I downloaded from, I'm going to attempt to contact Adobe, who knows I might get lucky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then I don't understand. If you downloaded from that website, why don't you have any version of Camera Raw? Did you run the installer after you downloaded it? What is the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue in another way. I struggled getting Camera Raw updated, and succeeded while using Camera Raw installer for Adobe Photoshop CC and CS6. However in LR this does not link in any sense resulting in missing Camera and Lens profiles and even in putting completely different lens profile corrections than the actual camera and lenses applied. Even an old lens like the Canon EF-S 55-250 is missing, and i cannot even change it.

Plugin info shows: nothing defined, and Plug in install does not give an option to link to Camera Raw or something like that.

How come?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any update to this plugin issue Jim? It has gotten to the point where I can't open the photo in photoshop, even If I hit open anyway,  it just brings me to photoshop but won't open it. I use Lightroom, and when i'd hit open anyway it would usually work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There hasn't been an update yet. And I can't find a link to download previous versions of Camera Raw. Maybe what you should do in the meantime is choose the option to edit a copy with Lightroom adjustments and let Lightroom create the PSD or TIF file and send it to Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines