• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Limited Color Profiles in ACR,LR for DJI Inspire DNG files.....and?

Explorer ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two questions have come up since the latest ACR, and Lightroom updates relative to the new color profile feature. With my Canon 5dsr files, I get a range of camera profiles, Adobe profiles plus basic, artistic, vintage etc as options in the profile browser.

When processing DNG and Cinema DNG files from my Inspire 2 X7, the file loads with a profile called EIOFF (one would assume this is EI mode turned off)...a strange name, but isn't loading with anything close to what EI off should look like. (the image should look like a typical Adobe standard, or camera standard profile, this one looks full contrast, but very low saturation.) When I go to browse the color profiles, all the Adobe ones are missing. There are also no Camera profiles...there are  2 basic profiles and an assortment of legacy artistic and vintage profiles only. Anyone know what gives? Same thing is happening in LR Classic.

Also...curious if there have been any improvements with using ACR or LR to process cinema DNG image sequences. Previously, using the current color engine will produce random flickering in the image, and the only way around has been to select an older (2010?) color engine, which limits use of localized corrections. Any way, with this new profile engine, that we can arrive at a way to use the newer color to process Cinema DNG sequences without flickering?

barry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no answer to your question about the cinema flickering. Sorry, I just have no experience in that area. As far as the limited profiles are concerned for your camera is concerned, all I can say is that from my knowledge (which is extremely limited) Adobe concentrates on providing extended profiles primarily for Nikon, Canon, and a few other "major" lines of cameras. Not arguing the quality or importance of your camera. Just stating the possible reason for the limited choice of profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After downloading a couple sample DJI Inspire 2 X7 samples that look normal and have Color and Monochrome Basic profiles along with Artistic, Modern, Vintage, etc, and not EIOFF, I am going to guess that your DNG has been shot in a special mode, perhaps HDR, or is a video still, or something.  I am not familiar with the capabilities of the camera so am just guessing.

If you want to upload your sample image and video to somewhere like dropbox or google-drive or one-drive, etc, and post a public share link, here, then people can take a look and give a more informed opinion.

Here is what I see for Basic profiles and some Artistic variations when loading what a DJI forum users says is a DJI Inspire 2 X7 DNG, although I have no way of verifying, but if your camera model listed in LR or ACR is FC6540, then these are likely from the same camera as yours:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines