• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for Canon EOS RP Camera Matching profiles

Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2019 Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had my EOS RP for about a month, so I was thrilled to see the 11.2.1 release that supports it.

When I browse the Camera Profiles, I don't see any camera matching profiles for the RP. Just to be sure, I checked the /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/Camera folder on my Mac, and I see the profile for the EOS R, but nothing for RP.

This is my first experience with a new camera that was just recently supported by Adobe. In the past, have camera-matching profiles been made available later? Or can they be downloaded from somewhere?

Thanks for the help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2019 Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue with my RP, finally able to use Lightroom to process the raw files, but no Camera matching profiles available. From my experience with new cameras In the past ( 5D MKIV, EOS R) as soon as a new Camera has been supported by Lightroom the Camera profiles are available. I hope this is fixed soon as I prefer the camera matching profiles to those of Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2019 Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, i hope they will fix it soon, cause i need camera profiles 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It really makes me sad, because I specifically bought the RP to keep those Canon colors, and now I'm stuck using Vintage 1, which kind of gets at Camera  Faithful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2019 May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I copied Canon 6D mark II camera standard profile.

It's not so simple, but it seems working.

1. Install DCamProf

2. Convert Canon 6D mark2 DCP profile to JSON

dcamprof dcp2json "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic\Resources\CameraProfiles\Camera\Canon EOS 6D Mark II\Canon EOS 6D Mark II Camera Standard.dcp" 1.json

3. Edit 1.json file, replace

"UniqueCameraModel": "Canon EOS 6D Mark II",

with

"UniqueCameraModel": "Canon EOS RP",

4. Convert back to DCP

dcamprof json2dcp 1.json 1.dcp

5. Copy 1.dcp to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic\Resources\CameraProfiles\Camera\Canon EOS RP\Canon EOS RP Camera Standard.dcp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i cannot make this convert with that program. Would you be so kind to send this originally 6d2 to rp converted profile by email? [personal email removed by Moderator] i would send you a 6pack beer:) thank you soo much!@dmitryg49730235

@

Hi urbán,

I removed the personal email address as that is very dangerous in open forums such as this. If you wish to send a PM to dmitry, that would be best and safest.

Thank you for understanding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can be fairly easily done in Adobe’s free DNG Profile Editor.

Convert an EOS RP CR3 file to DNG and then open the DNG in the DPE using File>Open DNG Image.

In the first tab, Color Tables, open the Base Profile menu and select “Choose external profile.

Navigate to the desired  6DII .dcp file and apply it.

Go to File>Export EOS RP profile, give it a name like “EOS RP from 6DII Camera Standard” and save it to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic\Resources\CameraProfiles\Camera\Canon EOS RP or to C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles\Camera\Canon EOS RP or to C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone tried creating RP camera profiles on a Mac? I can't get it to work. I tried both dcamprof and the Adobe DNG Profile Editor. I had no problems creating the profiles but in both cases they don't show up in either LR or PS. I don't see any camera matching profiles, just the built-in Adobe profiles.

I copied the profiles to:
/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/Camera/Canon EOS RP

I've double-checked that permissions and ownership of the newly created directory and profile files are the same as for the other camera profiles.

Any help would be appreciated!

------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

I figured out how to make the profiles appear in LR and PS on the Mac. After doing some Googling to see how others added custom profiles, I copied them to

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles

Note that there is no "Canon EOS RP" subdirectory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following the recipe given by dmitryg49730235 above, I created a full set of Adobe DNG Camera Matching profiles for the EOS RP copied from the profiles Adobe supplies for the EOS 6D Mk II.

I used one of my RP raw images to compare these profiles as rendered by LR with the rendering done by Canon's DPP set to the corresponding Picture Styles. The profiles I made come close to Canon's DPP rendering but are not quite identical. Still, I think they are very usable.

Take a look and let me know what you think:

Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 12.26.20 PM.png

If anyone has a 6D Mk II, I would love to see a comparison of Adobe's 6D Mk II profiles with Canon's DPP. Are the slight differences I see between LR and DPP also present with the 6D Mk II? Or are they are caused by differences between the 6D and the RP?

Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

good day! Some time ago, you shared with me your set of profiles for canon RP. I was thrilled! It works perfectly! Now I have a new canon r6 camera. Unfortunately, it has the same problem! I bought the profiles from colorfidelity, but unfortunately I don't like the way they work at all( I thought maybe you did the same profiles for the canon r6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU. I didn't realize what I was missing without these profiles, so I just converted the 6D2 profiles and they work great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines