New Nikon D3, D300, and D700 "Camera" v3 beta profiles

Hi everyone,

I have posted a zip file containing updated "Camera" color profiles (Camera Standard, Camera Neutral, etc.) for the Nikon D3, Nikon D300, and Nikon D700. The zip file contains a copy of the readme, but I'll post it here for convenience, too:

For lack of a better name, I am calling these "v3" beta profiles.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

BETA RELEASE NOTES

Overview

These updated Camera v3 beta profiles for the Nikon D3, Nikon D300, and Nikon D700 are designed to reduce banding and highlight color artifacts. They also address the "too bright" tone curve issues with the previous "v2" version of the D3 and D700 profiles.

IMPORTANT NOTE: When using these v3 beta profiles, if you wish to match the default tonality of Nikon's Picture Controls (e.g., match View NX / Capture NX), you must set the Exposure slider in Camera Raw / Lightroom to -0.5.

Of course, feel free to adjust Exposure to make your image brighter or darker as you like. But in terms of matching Nikon's default tonality, you must set the Exposure slider to -0.5, or the default will be too bright.

For workflow convenience, you can use presets in Camera Raw / Lightroom to take care of both (e.g., simultaneously set the profile to "Camera Standard" and set Exposure to -0.5).

Installation

If you are on Mac OS X, drag the "Camera v3 beta" folder to:

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles

If you are on Windows XP, drag the "Camera v3 beta" folder to:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles

If you are on Windows Vista or Windows 7, drag the "Camera v3 beta" folder to:

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles

Note that the above path on Windows Vista and Windows 7 may be hidden by default. Check your folder settings.

Feedback

The profiles are currently in beta status. Please provide feedback via the online Adobe user-to-user forums here:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/cameraraw
http://forums.adobe.com/community/lightroom

Thank you!

View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

New Nikon D3, D300, and D700 "Camera" v3 beta profiles

Hi everyone,

I have posted a zip file containing updated "Camera" color profiles (Camera Standard, Camera Neutral, etc.) for the Nikon D3, Nikon D300, and Nikon D700. The zip file contains a copy of the readme, but I'll post it here for convenience, too:

For lack of a better name, I am calling these "v3" beta profiles.

BETA RELEASE NOTES

Overview

These updated Camera v3 beta profiles for the Nikon D3, Nikon D300, and Nikon D700 are designed to reduce banding and highlight color artifacts. They also address the "too bright" tone curve issues with the previous "v2" version of the D3 and D700 profiles.

IMPORTANT NOTE: When using these v3 beta profiles, if you wish to match the default tonality of Nikon's Picture Controls (e.g., match View NX / Capture NX), you must set the Exposure slider in Camera Raw / Lightroom to -0.5.

Of course, feel free to adjust Exposure to make your image brighter or darker as you like. But in terms of matching Nikon's default tonality, you must set the Exposure slider to -0.5, or the default will be too bright.

For workflow convenience, you can use presets in Camera Raw / Lightroom to take care of both (e.g., simultaneously set the profile to "Camera Standard" and set Exposure to -0.5).

Installation

If you are on Mac OS X, drag the "Camera v3 beta" folder to:

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles

If you are on Windows XP, drag the "Camera v3 beta" folder to:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles

If you are on Windows Vista or Windows 7, drag the "Camera v3 beta" folder to:

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles

Note that the above path on Windows Vista and Windows 7 may be hidden by default. Check your folder settings.

Feedback

The profiles are currently in beta status. Please provide feedback via the online Adobe user-to-user forums here:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/cameraraw
http://forums.adobe.com/community/lightroom

Thank you!

View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More
241 Replies

Re: New Nikon D3, D300, and D700 "Camera" v3 beta profiles

The download link is here (I had attempted to attach the zip, but it was too large):

http://tinyurl.com/5w36xhy

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Many thanks: I will let you know impressions and results.

Best regards

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

I was very excited when you`ve made a v2 profile. It was already enough to feel calm about quality of the photos compared to "oficial" profiles.

So this is actually a nice present for all of us! Thanks very much. I`m going to try them soon!

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Managed to get it fixed Looking forward to playing around with v3. Thanks!

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Thanks. I have had no trouble with beta 2, but am now trying out beta 2 with -.50 exposure as a preset/s. These profiles I find particularly valuable for "portraits" and "landscape" (D700).  Paul

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Very interesting, many thanks: I am normally exposing to the right, and the

V2 profiles were good for me with a bit of underexposure, around - 0,3 ;

-0,5 mostly for landscape.

I thank you for your message.

I did try today with the V3 on a landscape: it match almost the Nikon

picture.

I will not delete the V2, they are quite useful, depending from the picture.

Have a nice day and best regards.

Alessandro

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Eric,

I shot some studio portraits today (strobe w/softbox) -- D3 with Picture Control set to Neutral.  Using the new Camera Neutral v3 profile in LR and setting the Exposure to -0.50 as you suggest, not only does the image match exactly how Nikon ViewNX displays the image, but more importantly, it looks dead-on perfect!  I use pre-set WB in the camera reading off a gray card, and I evaluate exposure using the histogram.  The RGB values in LR, reading a shot of the gray card, are within 0.1%!  You can't get much closer than that.

I mention the comparison between the image display in LR and ViewNX only because I know that's a real issue to some users.  What is important to all of us is that we get predictable results, and I am delighted at how good Camera Neutral v3 (w/exposure adjustment) looks.

Three cheers and many thanks!

John

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Very interesting, many thanks: I am normally exposing to the right, and the

V2 profiles were good for me with a bit of underexposure, around - 0,3 ;

-0,5 mostly for landscape.

I did try today with the V3 on a landscape: it match almost the Nikon

picture.

I will not delete the V2, they are quite useful, depending from the picture.

Have a nice day and best regards.

Alessandro

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines