Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opened files appear corrupted

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I'm quite new to this, haven't used this forum before and am not very technically minded so apologies if I've posted this in the wrong place.

I'm using CC and didn't have any problems until last week and I'm not aware that anything has changed / been updated on the software I'm using.

When I open a file in Adobe Raw (10.3) the image appears as being corrupted (it appears as rows of parallel diagonal lines). If I click "open image" the distorted photograph appears as normal in Photoshop. This is happening with raw files taken on my Canon 5D mkiii and Olympus EM1 mkii.

I have tried re installing Camera RAW.

The Camera Raw CC app says it is up to date but appears greyed out in Adobe Creative Cloud.

Any ideas / can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Bryan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Try disabling the GPU.

In the Camera Raw window, press Ctrl + K (Windows) or Cmd + K (Mac) to bring up preferences.

Uncheck Use graphics processor at the bottom and click OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try disabling the GPU.

In the Camera Raw window, press Ctrl + K (Windows) or Cmd + K (Mac) to bring up preferences.

Uncheck Use graphics processor at the bottom and click OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both, that has worked. I think the problem started after the latest Windows update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's probably because you got a buggy video card driver bundled with the Windows Update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines