• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening image as a smart object from Adobe Camera Raw

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I edit an image I usually make general adjustments (white balance, exposure, etc) in ACR first and then open as a smart object in Photoshop to do local adjustments such as cloning and healing. Having opened as a smart object, I can open the image up again in ACR and make further adjustments if needed. However, if I have already done cloning and healing on the image, when I make adjustments in ACR the cloning and healing I've done in Photoshop doesn't "adjust" accordingly (when I open it back up in Photoshop again). If that makes sense. What happens is parts of the image  don't look right because they've been adjusted according to how the image was when I first opened the object and not how it is since making further edits in ACR. My question is: is there any way to adjust the cloning and healing that I have done to fit with the new adjustments made in ACR (eg adjustments to exposure)???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

The only way to do this would be to combine all the layers into a new smart object and use the camera raw filter, which is not as versatile as the original edit on the RAW file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only way to do this would be to combine all the layers into a new smart object and use the camera raw filter, which is not as versatile as the original edit on the RAW file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines