Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening recovered RAW files in Photoshop CC2017

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I recently recovered deleted images using EasUS data recovery software (professional version). I am able to open some of the recovered images in CC2017, but others from the same folder I can't. When I try the following message appears "Photoshop cannot open this file....make sure that you have the latest camera raw update installed". I have checked this, and I do have the latest software installed

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

That's just a generic message. The fact is that ACR can't read them; the rest is just the most likely/common cause for failure to read.

Recovery doesn't always fully succeed. If the files were on a disk that has been used at all subsequently, they may have been partially overwritten. If they were on a failing card, they may have been corrupted at the time of failure.

Try again with different recovery software. Some may succeed where others fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's just a generic message. The fact is that ACR can't read them; the rest is just the most likely/common cause for failure to read.

Recovery doesn't always fully succeed. If the files were on a disk that has been used at all subsequently, they may have been partially overwritten. If they were on a failing card, they may have been corrupted at the time of failure.

Try again with different recovery software. Some may succeed where others fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines