• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS CC 2019 Camera Raw - Turn off XMP File Option Removed?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In PS CC 2018, I didn't like the changes that I made to be saved to a separate XMP file. I had changed the option so that it saved to the file and no longer created additional files. I updated to PS CC 2019, and for some reason all of my settings reverted back as if I had never changed them. I am no trying to change the XMP option again, but it is no longer there and I am unsure where to find it. I know before it was in one of these two boxes but I don't know where it is now. Could anyone help with this?

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

I believe you'll find it in the Camera Raw preferences in Bridge, or in Preferences in Photoshop (if you click on the Camera Raw section). I have mine set to XMP files, but you can change it to the database.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chuck,

Are you saying you were getting the XMP sidecar file in addition to the data being written into the DNG? Didn't know that was even possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have been busy, Gary. I don't think the OP's name is Chuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am saying I had the option of either or. When i opened an NEF file and then proceeded to open it in photoshop from camera raw, it would write to the file, Not to the xmp. Now after the update, it writes to the XMP and I can't find where to change it now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe you'll find it in the Camera Raw preferences in Bridge, or in Preferences in Photoshop (if you click on the Camera Raw section). I have mine set to XMP files, but you can change it to the database.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines