• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Phase One IQ# Trichromatic 16 bit files

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When is Adobe going to support Phase One IQ3 Trichromatic 16 bit files? I can get thumbnails in Windows Explorer and not Bridge for crying out loud. Camera Raw won't open them. Get you act together Adobe.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Preliminary support for this camera was added in the latest release of Camera Raw, 10.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not at all familiar with the Phase One line. Is this a new model. You can check this list for the models that are currently supported. If the model you are asking about is new then it could be supported in an upcoming update.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am guessing you are attempting to open files with the .eip extension. If so, you can work around this by making a copy (for backup) and then renaming the extension on the copy to .zip. This will allow you to open the zip file in Windows Explorer and extract the .IIQ file which Bridge and Camera Raw should be able to read. I realize this is not the most ideal solution, but I tried this on my machine and it works.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

- Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not dealing with .eip files and never use them. What would be ideal would include Adobe getting [removed by moderator] and and recognize IQ3 trichromatic files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Would you mind posting a sample IIQ file to Dropbox or similar and posting a link here. I'm happy to download it and confirm whether I can open the file in Camera Raw or not.

Also, which version of Camera Raw are you using?

Thanks,

- Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ccastleb, markm34441459​

I can also firm this is *still* the case and a little disheartening that Adobe isn't up to speed on what amounts to the most advanced professional camera on the market. It is not related to the C1Pro format called EIP (which is just a zip wrapper for raws) but to the IIQ file itself. I use the system frequently and it's been a real headache regarding my mostly Adobe workflow. The IQ3 100 Trichromatic back for the Phase One XF camera is the newest / most current back from Phase One as of this writing and features a unique CFA on the sensor which, if I had to guess, is part of the reason Adobe is having difficulty profiling the IIQ files for display. Despite the camera being available for more than 8 months and Adobe releasing several ACR updates in that time period, no support has yet been offered for this model.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is a bunch of [removed by moderator] with a monopoly and exactly zero interest in customer service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to me that if you have a legitimate issue a civilized discussion would likely bring more results than an uncontrolled rant. You would do well to express your concerns and needs civilly on the following website where the developers to participate much more actively than they do here. However, the choice is yours.

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to me if Adobe considered their customers [abuse removed by moderator] they would have offered support for the IQ3 Trichromatic a year ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I explained, if you want answers then post your concerns on the forum where the developers participate and consider concerns. This is a user to user forum. If you want to rant and blow off steam that is your privilege. If it makes you feel better that's wonderful. But it isn't accomplishing much else. The more civil you can express your concerns, the more likely it will be that you will get a civil and reasonable answer to your question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JimHess​ this is an Adobe Camera Raw issue, not a Photoshop issue...and as such it underlies all products which incorporate ACR (not just Photoshop)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, fight it all you want. That forum is for the Photoshop FAMILY of products of which Camera Raw is part of the family. If you don't want to go there, then that's fine. It was only a suggestion. But most of the people who respond here are just other users, and you're not going to get much of a solution. I'll leave you all to rant to your heart's content. I hope you enjoy it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JimHess​ whoops! I thought you had just referred to the PS forum here. I clicked thru and realized it's a whole different site! I signed up and posted more or less the technical point of this thread. Thanks for the suggestion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preliminary support for this camera was added in the latest release of Camera Raw, 10.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure you have Camera Raw 10.4 installed as well.  For me, LR Classic CC didn't see the IIQ until I downloaded and installed from this link: Camera Raw plug-in installer and installed LR 7.4, and while, yes, Capture One is great for processing the RAW, for library related stuff, LR is still my go-to (and more familiar) for digital management, batch renaming, keywording etc!

Now the question -- how you can bring in and translate the C1 edits or more importantly metadata/ratings into LR CC so the preview is true as you manage the library!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines