• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo Downloader Not Recognising SD Card

Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still using CS6 and ACR 5.0.2.4.  Recently I bought a Phantom 4 drone with mini SD card and when I put the mini card into a regular size converter Photo Downloader can't see the card.  I thought it was just an issue with the card converter and just copied and pasted the files into a folder on my laptop.  Slightly inconvenient but not a huge deal.

Then yesterday I purchased two new SC Cards, and my Photo Downloader won't recognise them either.  I have no issue at all with my old SD Cards.  Just these new one's.

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are able to see the cards on the computer outside of the downloader?

Can you see the card in the downloader and not the files on them?

Where did you format the cards last? In the computer or in the drone?

Try taking one of the cards with nothing on it, format it in the computer, then just drop a random image file on there. then try to open it in the Photo Downloader. I have a feeling that will work. You are working with a really old version of Photoshop/Camera Raw. They may not have the ability to recognize anything coming from your drone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer can see the SD Card.  I can see the files though Bridge CS6.  But the Photo Downloader can't even see the card let alone the files.

I don't really care that much about the files from the drone.  But the files from my Nikon D750, which I use almost daily, those I would really like to be able to download using the Photo Downloader like I have always done.

My version of Photoshop is CS6.  It has had no problems downloading pics from various SD cards for years now.  I'm just wondering if the new SD Card is just too advanced for my old CS6 to deal with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Try taking one of the cards with nothing on it, format it in the computer, then just drop a random image file on there. then try to open it in the Photo Downloader. I have a feeling that will work."

It didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines