• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop cc 2019 Locks Up Opening CR2 Files...

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, when trying to open CR2 files in Photoshop CC, PS locks and becomes unresponsive.  I can open the files in Lightroom and Elements.

I can open the files and edit them, but as soon as I click Open Image or Done, PS locks.  I have to open Task Manager and click End Task to close PS.

I have updated PS and Windows 10.

Any Ideas?

Camera is a Canon T3i.

PS Raw CR2_001.jpg

PS NotResp_001.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RatFink83,

Sorry that Photoshop CC is freezing while opening raw images from your camera.

To start with basic troubleshooting, could you please take a look at this article Basic troubleshooting steps to solve problems and issues in Adobe Photoshop CC  and troubleshoot accordingly.

Let us know how it goes

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having a similar issue. I try and open a CR2 file and it crashes. I have tried the troubleshooting options suggested but still no joy. Even crashes in safe mode. Any more suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi movemout,

Sorry to hear that. Which Camera file are you trying to open in Photoshop? Which version of Photoshop are you using? Are you getting any error messages while opening the .CR2 files?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines