• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop no longer opens camera raw when selecting multiple lightroom files

Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere but I haven't seen the exact same problem elsewhere and none of the other answers have fixed my issue. 

The last time I tried to do focus stacking in photoshop I selected multiple images in lightroom and selected edit in photoshop.  I then got a camera raw window with all the images in a browser at the side.  I could make edits on one and synchronise the settings before merging in photoshop and making final adjustments.

Now photoshop by-passes the camera raw and opens each file.  I cannot bring them all into adobe camera raw and I've wasted hours already trying to find out what's changed and how to set it back.

I do not have 'Show "Start" Workspace when No Documents are Open" checked.  Has anyone got any other solution to my problem?

Thanks for reading

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Apparently I have misunderstood. I didn't understand you are trying to do this from Lightroom. When opening images from Lightroom to Photoshop camera raw is used to convert the images, but the camera raw interface does not open. Camera raw converts the images and then goes directly to Photoshop. Multiple images should be displayed in different tabs. Then you could use the camera raw filter on each individual image by switching between the tabs in Photoshop. I do not ever recall the camera raw in

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your operating system? I cannot replicate the problem on my Windows 10 computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim

Thanks for the quick reply.  I am on a MacBook Air with MacOS Sierra 10.12.3.  I am an Adobe Creative cloud subscriber and all my software is up to date.  My camera is a Canon 7d mkII, so not a stranger to camera raw

Am I correct in thinking you can do what I described above?  Select 2 or more images from the lightroom filmstrip and right click to Open in Photoshop?  Then Camera Raw opens with all selected images in the sidebar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean like this?

Capture.JPG

I just did this before replying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I'm looking for, but straight out of Lightroom.  I've been able to do it by opening the files directly in Photoshop but it's easier if I don't have to hunt for the files in my File System

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently I have misunderstood. I didn't understand you are trying to do this from Lightroom. When opening images from Lightroom to Photoshop camera raw is used to convert the images, but the camera raw interface does not open. Camera raw converts the images and then goes directly to Photoshop. Multiple images should be displayed in different tabs. Then you could use the camera raw filter on each individual image by switching between the tabs in Photoshop. I do not ever recall the camera raw interface opening when opening images from Lightroom to Photoshop. I have been using Lightroom since version 2.

Incidentally, my apologies for overlooking the integration of Lightroom into this workflow. My display of multiple images in camera raw came from opening the images from Bridge. Lightroom was not used at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim.  This was something I was definitely able to do as recently as last year.  On reflection, it's not insurmountable as one just makes the camera raw adjustments in Lightroom, syncs the selected photographs and then takes them to Photoshop.  I'll get used to it, I'm sure 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I stated previously, I don't ever recall a time when Camera Raw opened when sending a raw file from Lightroom to Photoshop. It seems to me that you must have been using Bridge when you saw that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Never used bridge and I think I followed a YouTube vid when I first did it but can't remember now. I do know I always start with Lightroom and use Edit in Photoshop when I take the edit any further

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines