Preset Organization

I am trying to organize my presets into my own file structure.  When I add set of presets such as Coles ... Name, it appears as a folder with the presets in it.  For some reason, I have two folders within presets entitled User Presets.  I can't move files from the second User Presets into the first.  I also want to create a set of folder names such as Vintage and move all of the Vintage presets I have acquired into it.  While I can move the files with normal software, when I use the Presets in ACR, they stay in their old folders, particularly the ones in my 2nd User Presets folder.   I notice that the preset folder creates an Index ....dat file but deleting this file doesn't solve my problem.  Has anybody been successful with creating custom folder names and moving presets into this folder?

Is there any difference between I preset that I create and one that I import after another person has created it? 

Thanks in advance.

Don

View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Preset Organization

I am trying to organize my presets into my own file structure.  When I add set of presets such as Coles ... Name, it appears as a folder with the presets in it.  For some reason, I have two folders within presets entitled User Presets.  I can't move files from the second User Presets into the first.  I also want to create a set of folder names such as Vintage and move all of the Vintage presets I have acquired into it.  While I can move the files with normal software, when I use the Presets in ACR, they stay in their old folders, particularly the ones in my 2nd User Presets folder.   I notice that the preset folder creates an Index ....dat file but deleting this file doesn't solve my problem.  Has anybody been successful with creating custom folder names and moving presets into this folder?

Is there any difference between I preset that I create and one that I import after another person has created it? 

Thanks in advance.

Don

View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Have something to add?