• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems activating ACR in Bridge after uninstalling CS6 and installing Creative Cloud Bridge only

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased CS6 Premium when it first came out. I only use Photoshop and Bridge, although I do have Lightroom 5 that I purchased later.

I do Lots of Photo editing on MacBook Pro with PS6 and Bridge CS6 (Using OS X El Capitan version 10.11.6), as well as other commercial photo editing software.

Have repeatedly had to purge cache in Bridge and empty trash per troubleshooting answers online.

While downloading a friend’s camera card via USB, I tried to stop/cancel download (we finally figured out how to get the card to download on PC Windows 10)

Bridge Screen said “stopping,” but after 45 minutes still would not allow eject and still said "stopping."

Ejected anyway and was able to get photo card to download on her PC

After that, my bridge would open but would not allow me to view any photo files. Just froze. Periodically, the "stopping" window would pop up again. The only thing I could do was restart to get Bridge off the screen

Uninstalled bridge cs6

Installed free bridge Creative Cloud

Works fine except it won’t open camera raw (message about launching a qualifying product – I have Photoshop CS6, Bridge CS6, and Adobe Pro)

Downloaded ACR 9.12 update

Rebooted

Opened LR, Opened PS6 (both work) (what does it mean, “Launch”?)

Still not able to open ACR in Bridge

First question: How do I get my Camera Raw edit back?

Second question: I paid for the college student premium suite and it was working fine till now. Am I forced into the monthly subscription now?  I am a college faculty member.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

You have to use Bridge CS6 if you have cs6 programs like photoshop in order to use acr from bridge.

The acr in Bridge CC won't work unless you have photoshop cc installed.

You may have corrupted the bridge cs6 preferences and they need to be reset if reinstalling bridge cs6 still exhibits the same behavior as before.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to use Bridge CS6 if you have cs6 programs like photoshop in order to use acr from bridge.

The acr in Bridge CC won't work unless you have photoshop cc installed.

You may have corrupted the bridge cs6 preferences and they need to be reset if reinstalling bridge cs6 still exhibits the same behavior as before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop CS6 can only use up to Camera Raw 9.1.1. You cannot use anything newer. And you cannot use the newer version of Bridge with the older version of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines