• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Camera Raw file open problem

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is opening CR3 files from Bridge.  I can open them in Photoshop but not from Bridge.  I receive these messages when I click on images in Bridge..."code execution cannot proceed because manta.dll not found."  and "code execution cannot proceed because icucrnv.dll was not found."

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ipiny,

What do your Bridge preferences show for Canon images?

It should show Adobe Photoshop CC 2019. If not, than go to the dropdown menu and select the proper application.

Let us know if that solves the problem

2019-02-25_12-15-06.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me. It does not have cr3 as a choice. It only has .crw and cr2 as options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ipiny,

When you open them from PS, exactly where/how do they open up?

They should open up in ACR.

Please let us know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They do. They open in PS just as they would if Bridge were working properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using version 9.0.2,219. (And you can call me Robert)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH, and which version of PS are you using? It should be PS 20.0.1 and ACR v. 11.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS 20.0.2

ACR 11.2.0.135

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert.

Um, where are you seeing 9.0.2,219?

Photoshop v. 9 is very very very old.

Also, are you on the Adobe Photoshop Plan or on Adobe Creative Cloud to get new releases of software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert,

Ah, OK, crossing messages.

You might try uninstalling PS and Bridge from the ACC icon at the top of your screen and then reinstalling. There may have been a glitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're very patient.  Thanks. It doesn't seem to be a PS issue, since I can open the files into ACR directly from windows explorer with no problem, and then into PS.  It's just getting them to open from Bridge that's a problem, and with a folder of over 500 images it's a pain.  But I will give your suggestion a shot, and also try working on these images on another computer to see if it's a workplace computer issue.  Thanks again.  I'll get back to you tomorrow.

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert,

The issue is that something didn't properly load and I do not know from which end it didn't load: the PS end or the Bridge end.

The good news is that this shouldn't take all that much time.

Good luck,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m back. Strange, indeed. On my home computer, all working fine. After updating to latest versions of everything, the first time I clicked on .cr3 image in Bridge it asked if I wanted to open in ACR, after which it all worked as normal. I should add that in Preferences under “File associations” CR3 still does not appear, only CRW and CR2. On my office computer (the one with the issues), I reloaded Bridge and PS CC, still cannot open in ACR by double clicking on image in Bridge, HOWEVER, if I right-click on image and chose “Open in Camera Raw” it works as it should?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well things are improving! ;>)

Gosh, one things I should have also added: have you rebuilt your preferences in Bridge?

How to reset Bridge preferences?

Restore preferences

1. Press and hold the Ctrl key (Windows) or the Option key (Mac OS) while starting Adobe Bridge. Restore Settings dialog.
  2. In the Reset Settings dialog box, select one or more of the following options: Reset Preferences. ...
  3. Click OK, or click Cancel to open Adobe Bridge without resetting preferences.

This is also a quick process, try it out and let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'll let you know tomorrow.

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alas, still no change. I’m curious as to why your screenshot shows CR3 as an option in the “preferences-File Association” section “Canon Camera Raw” and I only see .crw and cr2 on my computers (both of my computers). However, I am still able to bring up ACR when I right-click on image and chose “Open in Camera Raw.”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing…

The error message I receive when I double-click on a cr3 image in Bridge…

Photoshop.exe-System Error

The code execution cannot proceed because icucnv40.dll was not found Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

The code…..manta.ll was not found…….

Wondering if the fact that it’s identified as a Photoshop.exe –System Error as opposed to a Bridge.exe-System Error is significant?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I can' help you there, I'm a Mac guy. Hopefully a Windows person can chime in here with that kind of support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there you two. I am having the same problem as ipiny. Bridge will not launch photos into ACR without right clicking and manually selecting that. This is my first time working with my new EOS R files. Also some files will not show previews but will open in ACR using the previous method. As with ipiny, my Bridge preferences only show .CRW and .CR2. It doesn't show .CR3 like your example. I have all the latest updates via Adobe Creative Cloud application. I also uninstalled and reinstalled using the same application. Nothing is working.

I'm also having trouble with Bridge saying I'm low on memory but I don't see how that's possible. I have a 500GB Solid state running the OS and Bridge and my computer is a new build. This has all happened in the last month or two. So, I'm thinking it's a problem with an update. I have tried everything I can think of to remedy the memory problem but nothing seems to be working there either.

One problem at a time though. This .cr3 problem is unacceptable. I guess I may have to try Lightroom if Bridge will no longer work for me. I don't care for that app though.

Any ideas?  Any help from Adobe on fixing this problem? Gary_Sc, if you don't have an answer for assisting with this since it's regarding a PC, can you direct to someone who can? It's clearly a problem for multiple people.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. Undoubtedly a bug needing fixing. Standing by.

Robert

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like icucnv40.dll is also used by Acrobat reader. Perhaps because it's a shared file, it is corrupt, but wasn't updated with just a Bridge and/or PS reinstall. You might either need to reinstall Acrobat, PS, and Bridge. Possibly run the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool also. This is just a guess, as it also might be just a bug.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worth a try. I'll let you know later.

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chuck,

I don't have Acrobat on my computer. I did uninstall all Adobe apps including the Creative Cloud Desktop Application. Then I restarted my computer, and reinstalled everything and restarted the computer. I'm not getting the memory error yet, but I am still having the issue that I cannot just simply double click on a cr3 file in Bridge and have it open in ACR. It instead asks me to go to the Microsoft store to find an application to open the file.

I will try the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool and see how that goes.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, this is just a wild guess. Hopefully it will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines