Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Fujifilm X-T3

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys

I ordered XT3 today, and after that I noticed, that my Lightroom CC 2015.14 [ 1149743 ] and Adobe Photoshop Elements Version: 11.0 (11.0 (20120830.r.32025)) x32 aren't able to read RAF files from this camera (checked on samples available on dpreview.com) . Is there any option to fix it? Of course Capture One 11 Express Fuji works well and perfectly recognize xt3 RAF files, but I really don't want and need another software just for a little part of my common job which i prefer and like LR & PSE. The strange thing is that I installed CameraRaw 10.5 but PSE still informs that he used Camera Raw 7.4.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frantz,

Think of it this way: you have a car that uses a wheel size. Now you buy a new car but it uses different wheels. The reality is that now you need to get wheels to fit the new car.

Software is kinda the same in this regard: As the software (and hardware behind it) changes, you can't always add things to the older software because the internal links are not there for the new stuff.

You have three choices:

1) Download "DNG Converter and convert all of your images to DNG (not a bad thing at all) and use the DNGs in your older software. This option is free.

2) Update yourself to the newer PSE (and you'll have lots more capabilities with the new software for your new camera

3) Update yourself to one of the Photoshop Plans and have even more capabilities.

Keep in mind that you just spent some good amount of money on a great camera. Why try to use old technology to enjoy what it can do?

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THnX Gary, but Lightroom CC 2015.14 [ 1149743 ] (which is my main photo editor) isn't even 3 Y.O. app, so it looks that Adobe is more restricted and money hungry even than Apple which brutally push old models users to change them to new ones. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I'm not a big enthusiast of cloud solution, so when I've got alternative I choose box or download version of app, music, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Franz,

Well 3 years in computer years is fairly old.

I do hear where you are coming from (and I have a hunch I'm older than you) as far as the concept of a perpetual license which is why I suggested you check out PSE as well as one of the Photoshop Plans.

One last comment: the "Cloud Solution" is more related to Lightroom CC but even that has software that lives on your computer, your phone, and/or your tablet. Otherwise Photoshop, Lightroom Classic, and Bridge all reside on your computer. The only "cloud" aspect is that you download an installer from the internet so that you can install a copy on your computer. The moment that Adobe has us doing our digital processing ONLY in the clouds is when I start looking for alternative solutions. The only difference between PSE and PS (besides a whole bunch of additional capabilities and no perpetual license) is that you installed it from a DVD or the internet while PS can only be installed from the internet.

I just mention that last bit because a number of people assume that having software residing on your computer is gone with the CC architecture. Your software still resides on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSE 11 is only compatible with Camera Raw up to version 7.4, so that is why you can't install 7.5. If you're staying with CC 2015.14 because you're on a 32-bit operating system, that's understandable. And if that's the case then it would seem that your options would be to use the free DNG converter or upgrade to a newer version of Photoshop Elements if it will support the 32-bit operating system. I'm not at all familiar with PSE, so you'll have to check the system requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim - I'm working on 64-bit win10 and I'm using PSE11 only just from time to time - I'm trying to avoid aggressive post-process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

frantzm57529545  wrote

Jim - I'm working on 64-bit win10 and I'm using PSE11 only just from time to time - I'm trying to avoid aggressive post-process.

Then why are you still using CC 2015.14? Apparently you're paying a subscription, and Lightroom has been upgraded to Lightroom Classic CC 8.0. That version supports the camera you are using, no need for any conversion. I'm just curious to know what your thinking is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope - I bought "standalone" Lightroom CC2015 (Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6) without any subscription (just Free Creative Cloud)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom 6 is not Creative Cloud. Lightroom 6 is end-of-life software. Lightroom 6 will never have another update and will never have support for that camera. Your only option will be to use the DNG converter and then import the DNG files. Lightroom 6 .14 is different from Lightroom CC 2015.14 in that what you have is not something that can be updated or upgraded ever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines