Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sony Alpha 7R III .ARW raw files

Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I need to open raw files from the new Sony Alpha 7R III . These .ARW raw files are not supported in the latest CC Version.

Did anyone know when it will be possible ?

Regards

Frank

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

That model will "probably" be supported in the next Camera Raw update. But Adobe never announces when those updates will be released. You will know as soon as everyone else does.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That model will "probably" be supported in the next Camera Raw update. But Adobe never announces when those updates will be released. You will know as soon as everyone else does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this answered / resolved? Probably supported in next RAW camera update? Do you own stock in Nikon or something? I can't imagine Sony did not provide you with early access to .arw format examples. Can I retract my annual subscription payment and probably pay you next time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't imagine Sony did not provide you with early access to .arw format examples.

Many people seem to struggle with the fact that the camera manufacturers do not work in conjunction with Adobe or any other software vendor. They have nothing to gain in doing so. They want to innovate and announce new features (with new file formats) as close to their shipping date as possible. It does not concern them if Adobe or Capture One are weeks away from being ready to issue updates.

In addition, since Raw file formats are tweaked by the manufacturers right up until shipping, any early reverse engineering performed by Adobe would probably be redundant when the final Raw format is made available. That would mean multiple reverse engineering exercises on all new cameras which would be a waste of resources. Better to wait until the final camera release, reverse engineer once and then issue an updated Camera Raw.

Of course, all of this would be redundant if the camera manufacturers would include a Save to DNG option on their cameras. That's why Adobe invented the DNG format and offered it as an open format. However the manufacturers prefer to maintain their own proprietary formats and leave the consumer waiting for the software companies to issue updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That`s right John.

The A7RIII is shipped in Germany since about 2 weeks and the Sony RAW software is useless.

So, my mistake to use RAW without making sure I can work with the files.

Please Adobe, come and rescue me out of the .jpg mud....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are telling me Sony did not ha e to lock down their camera format and the actual executable code they ship on the cameras at least a month in advance to have inventory to ship? Sorry sounds like damage control bs marketing answer as a software engineer everyone adapts to their clients delivery schedules. Every year when apple releases new OS, even with alpha versions available to developers in advance - they have like one month after final release to quickly make all required adjustments.

just be straight up if your development team is understaffed or your management team delayed the work because they assume all the sheep will follow even if they get bad service. Sorry for the negative response, but at 600 a head you should be providing better than average service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

misschien is dng converter een oplossing. bij mij worden zelfs a7rII arw files in bridge niet meer weergegeven

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@ Adobe

Please close the discussion of my question at this point. Immediately.

There is no support now. it will come soon. That`s it.

Thanks

Frank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines