• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to load lens profiles?

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've recently installed CC and when I select photos from bridge to bring into photoshop, the camera raw window won't allow me to select a lens profile. Nothing in default, auto or custom. It just says 'unable to load lens profiles' at the bottom of the window. I have no idea what to do to correct this. Can anyone point me in the direction so I can get the lens profiles back?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Hi KJK,

OK, sigh. That means that there's something wrong with your instillation. Please uninstall both Photoshop and Bridge from the ACC application (On the Mac it's a "cloud" icon on the top of the screen, I'm not sure how it presents itself on a PC (sorry). When you uninstall, if it asks to save your preferences, say "no."

Then reinstall both.

I'm very sorry that this is taking so long, I know I'd be very frustrated at this point, but unfortunately we had to go piece by piece to get this far.

Le

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kjk413,

Need to know a bit more information please.

What kind of camera and more importantly, what lens (and the manufacturer).

Also, you state you recently installed CC, did you have a previous version of Photoshop, Bridge, and ACR? If so, what release/version was it. With that previous system, were you loading this camera and lens without issue?

Oh, and just to cover bases, what is your OS and version?

Thanks for your help in helping you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary,

I'm using a canon 7d, sigma 10-20 1:4-5.6 lens. I previously had photoshop 6 (bridge and ACR were 6 too) installed and I'm on mac OS Mojave 10.14.3

Thank you,

K.J.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KJ,

I'm assuming that that's a 10-20 F4 – 5.6 lens, at least that's what I see on this page

Supported lenses

If so, that's been supported for a long time.

You didn't answer this question: "With that previous system, were you loading this camera and lens without issue?" but I'm going to assume you did.

I'm going to suggest you rebuild your ACR prefs. It might have not cleaned itself out when you updated your applications.

From Bridge, right-click on an image and get ready to select "Open in Camera Raw." But before you do, with your left hand press the Shift-Alt/Option-Control(Command) keys. If you do not see a popup window asking if you want to delete the Camera Raw preferences you were not fast enough, try again. Once you do get that message, Click "yes."

To see this suggestion in action go to:

How To: Reset Camera Raw Preferences - YouTube

Please let us know if this does the job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary,

Sorry, yes it did load previously in photoshop 6 without issue.

I was able to delete the camera raw preferences as you suggested but there are still no lens profiles coming up. I still get the caution triangle at the bottom saying 'unable to locate a matching lens profile automatically' when it's set to default and auto. When I select custom, 'unable to load lens profile' comes up at the bottom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait, one simple thing I often have to do: identify the camera. Did/do you (have) to do that?

When I click on the lens tab and then click on the "Remove Chromatic Aberration" and "Enable Profile Corrections?" I often see nothing.

Adobe Bridge CC 2019Sc-001.png

Then, where it says Make, I select my Canon camera and then everything else pops up.

Do you ever do this? (don't ask me why this work, I do not have a clue)

Adobe Bridge CC 2019Sc-002.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both the boxes are checked in 'Remove chromatic aberration' and 'enable 'Profile Corrections'. None of the camera profiles to come up at all. When I open the drop down list for 'make:', I get 'none' and the message 'unable to load lens profile' at the bottom.

Screen Shot 2019-03-22 at 7.24.59 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KJK,

OK, sigh. That means that there's something wrong with your instillation. Please uninstall both Photoshop and Bridge from the ACC application (On the Mac it's a "cloud" icon on the top of the screen, I'm not sure how it presents itself on a PC (sorry). When you uninstall, if it asks to save your preferences, say "no."

Then reinstall both.

I'm very sorry that this is taking so long, I know I'd be very frustrated at this point, but unfortunately we had to go piece by piece to get this far.

Let me know how this works out, thanks for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary,

That seemed to work. Thank you for all your help!! I really appreciate it!

Thanks,

K.J.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wooo-hoooo! I am so glad to hear that.

I should have thought of that earlier but 20/20 can be so easy after the fact, no?

I think the main come-a-way here is that whenever you do a big update like this, it's probably wise to NOT save your preferences and go with fresh. And that this is such a big step from CS6, there are many many new things to adjust in your preferences.

Enjoy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm wondering if this issue is similar. The lens I have used (Zeiss Pland 100/2 T* ZF.2) seems to load okay in Camera Raw when opening directly into PS, however when I open as Raw from Bridge the only Zeiss available seems to be ZX1. Looking at the file info in Bridge shows the correct lens. (Does it make a difference to this if I am opening the RAW or JPG file?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines