• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upright transform bug with multiple selected photos

Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bug I think that appeared shortly after upright transformations was introduced years ago. I always just thought it would get fixed on its own, but I figured I'd post it here and hope for the best. I love this feature, but it has issues with multiple selected photos.

Anyway —

Currently, if you select multiple photos, and then press one of the upright transform options, it will apply a transform based on the selected photo to all of the photos.

While this might be useful in unique circumstances, I don't think it's the ideal behavior. Also its redundant since you can use the Sync Settings button if you want to apply the same upright transformation to a selection of photos. But there's no way (that I know of) to go through 100 photos and have automatic upright transformations applied to each individual photo.

Here's how I think it should behave:

• Select 30 photos.
  • Press one of the upright transforms.
  • Camera Raw processes each photo against each individual photo's properties.

As mentioned above, changing this behavior to the above wouldn't prevent people from syncing a single upright transformation to multiple photos using the Sync Settings tool. I think this would be a helpful feature, and hopefully not too hard.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the case for other things in ACR, including auto correct. I've mentioned it to Adobe, but so far nothing as been done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting, I’ll go metoo your posts. It would be an amazing addition. I don’t know if Lightroom has the feature, but I just love Camera Raw for old-school file management and I’m just so glad they continue developing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No post to metoo. I talked directly to the Camera Raw team about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, that's not the case with Lightroom. If you select a number of images, click on Auto-Sync, then click on Auto (adjust), each one gets individual adjustments.

That capability should also be in ACR as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I just checked as well and saw that it is, hope they can add it, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can we get an Adobe dev to weigh in on this?  I'd love to see if its something that's coming to Camera Raw at some point.

Thanks,

Tex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines