Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using a micro color calibration chart

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings all,

I'm planning on utilizing one of these micro color calibration charts to set a color profile for my raw images.5484_image02_1_1_1.png

I'm new to setting up color calibrations and have a few questions. I realize that the layout of the color patches is not the same as the traditional GretagMacbeth Colorchecker, but that shouldn't matter since the colors are the same. Correct? Additionally, vendors of this product have a spreadsheet with all the sRGB values for each patch (Image Science Associates: ColorGauge Pico Target ). So would it just be a matter of importing the raw into ACR, setting the white balance, then use the dropper to select the colors and match the sRGB values given by the company?

If anyone could help steer me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

> If anyone could help steer me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

you need to spend some (actually a lot) time reading the basics (this piece from your posting shows that clearly = "...So would it just be a matter of importing the raw into ACR, setting the white balance, then use the dropper to select the colors and match the sRGB values given by the company?...") , start with these 2 URLs

1) https://www.ludd.ltu.se/~torger/dcamprof.html

2) https://www.ludd.ltu.se/~torger/photography/camera-profiling.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> I realize that the layout of the color patches is not the same as the traditional GretagMacbeth Colorchecker, but that shouldn't matter since the colors are the same. Correct?

it depends on the software that you are using... a particular software might not be flexible enough to allow you to use arbitrary target or able to automatch patches.. and then - what is the point to profile using a target if you don't have spectral parameters of the patches ? do you have a proper spectrophotometer to measure patches ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> If anyone could help steer me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

you need to spend some (actually a lot) time reading the basics (this piece from your posting shows that clearly = "...So would it just be a matter of importing the raw into ACR, setting the white balance, then use the dropper to select the colors and match the sRGB values given by the company?...") , start with these 2 URLs

1) https://www.ludd.ltu.se/~torger/dcamprof.html

2) https://www.ludd.ltu.se/~torger/photography/camera-profiling.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for sharing this information - it's very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines