• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WHY My Camera Raw looks different (lack of some tools and panels)

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

camera raw normal view.jpgcamera raw problem.jpg

Hello to all,

I am a new user of Adobe Elements 15 and Camera Raw 9.8.

I have bought some manuals HOW TO work in Camera Raw but I found that my ACR looks much different than these one's in manuals foto.

In bookmarks of panels there is only "Basic" "Details" and "camera calibration" - it is my translation from Polish to English.

So there is no: HSL/Grayscale, toning split, lens correction, effects adn the rest of panels.

In the tools I do not have:  filters - gradual and radial, no brush,

Additionaly no workflow options...

Here in attachemet I put my printscreen to show U what I mean and additionaly an image of "ACR as in my manuals".

I tried to re-instal my Photoshop Elements 15 and not to update Camera Raw from 9.6 to 9.8 - nothig helped.

I tried to open other raw files than these ones from my Olym[us OM-D EM 1 and it works/looks the same.

Please explain me why my ACR look different or tell what to do to see all metioned tools and panels in ACR.

Thanks in advance.

BTW: sorry for my poor English and probably silly question - but I try to follow another steps from my manuals and I can not.

Thanks once again for your help

Anna

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Camera Raw in Elements has less tools and features than Camera Raw for full Photoshop

Adobe Camera Raw differences between Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Photoshop Elements

Sounds like your book covers Camera Raw for Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera Raw in Elements has less tools and features than Camera Raw for full Photoshop

Adobe Camera Raw differences between Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Photoshop Elements

Sounds like your book covers Camera Raw for Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot to you John Waller

I spent whole day to find this answer (but I asked in Polish in Google) without succes.

Thanks to you I know that everything is correct with my software but it is "poor/cutted version" because I have paid for Elements (not for full version of Photoshop.)

It's a pitty that free plugin works in different way in each of Adobe product but....I will work with ACR in basic mode.

FULL utility I will find in my free DxO Optics pro 9

Thanks once again and best regards to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines