• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When will Camera Raw 9.12 be available for Elements 15?

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2017 Sep 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The end of July, 2017, I received my new Canon 6D Mark ll, and immediately took some photos in RAW and JPEG.  Totally disappointed and frustrated when I could not open the RAW files in Elements 15!!  Still have nearly 100 RAW files awaiting editing and still no Camera Raw 9.12 available to download to Elements 15.  WHEN WILL THIS UPDATE BE AVAILABLE??? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 02, 2017 Sep 02, 2017

No idea I'm afraid.

Have you tried using the DNG converter to convert to DNG then editing the DNG files in PSE15?

Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea I'm afraid.

Have you tried using the DNG converter to convert to DNG then editing the DNG files in PSE15?

Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If history is a guide, a new version of PSE is released in the fall and receives its last CR update in the Spring, maybe April.  After that Adobe is working on the new version of PSE to be released in the fall and doesn't expend any resources getting the older version to work with subsequent releases of CR. 

If you like PSE then you can probably buy the new version, maybe an upgrade, when it comes out in the next month or two, and in the mean time, as John says, you can use the free DNG Converter to create DNGs from your raw files and those DNGs will open in the older CR that comes with PSE 15.

Besides PSE there is the CC Photographer's Plan CC subscription that includes both Photoshop (not Elements) and Lightroom for $120/year billed at $10/month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines