Where to place a lens profile file for ACR 9.0 (CS6)

Running WIN 7.0 Home; CS6; ACR 9.0

Located a lens profile file [Rokinon F3.5 8mm Nikon D7100.lcp] and copied it to the following directory

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0\Downloaded

BUT when I open ACR with a NEF shot with that lens on a Nikon D7200, that profile choice does NOT show.

Please advise where to put this lens profile file so that I can use it with the Rok 8mm f:\3.5

Thanks

Doug

View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Where to place a lens profile file for ACR 9.0 (CS6)

Running WIN 7.0 Home; CS6; ACR 9.0

Located a lens profile file [Rokinon F3.5 8mm Nikon D7100.lcp] and copied it to the following directory

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0\Downloaded

BUT when I open ACR with a NEF shot with that lens on a Nikon D7200, that profile choice does NOT show.

Please advise where to put this lens profile file so that I can use it with the Rok 8mm f:\3.5

Thanks

Doug

View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More
Correct Answer by ccastleb
Adobe Employee, Oct 22, 2018

That location should work fine. One thing to check is the value of the tag "stCamera:CameraRawProfile" in the LCP file. If the value is "False" then the profile was built for output referred (e.g. JPEG) images. It may still work for raw files, so you can make a copy of the LCP and change the value of that tag to "True" for every instance of the tag in the LCP.

Regards,

- Chris

2 Replies

Re: Where to place a lens profile file for ACR 9.0 (CS6)

That location should work fine. One thing to check is the value of the tag "stCamera:CameraRawProfile" in the LCP file. If the value is "False" then the profile was built for output referred (e.g. JPEG) images. It may still work for raw files, so you can make a copy of the LCP and change the value of that tag to "True" for every instance of the tag in the LCP.

Regards,

- Chris

View all replies

1 Like

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines

Re: Where to place a lens profile file for ACR 9.0 (CS6)

MANY thanks for that. Once I changed the one value to TRUE, all worked as planned.

I would never have found that solution by myself 

View all replies

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines