Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which Camera Profile files support Panasonic DMC-GF1

Advocate ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am confused.

I have to process some RAW images, taken with a Panasonic DMC-GF1 (yeah, it is an oldie, but that's beyond my control).

When the image opens in the Camera RAW plug-in 10.5, I see the warning stating that the camera profile is not installed.

Looking in /Users/<myname>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRAW/CameraProfiles/Camera/ I do indeed not see a folder Panasonic DMC-GF1 (or similar). This would then explain the warning.

Now, on the page listing the supported cameras in CameraRAW, the Panasonic DMC-GF1 is listed.

So, where are these profiles??

Are they hidden in another folder, or is there a camera whose profiles do support the DMC-GF1?

Confusion totale.

Otherwise, where can I get those profiles? Can they be found on the Adobe FTP Server?

Any hint and indicator to find those profiles is highly appreciated.

Max.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Look in

‎⁨macOS HD ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Application Support⁩ ▸ ⁨Adobe⁩ ▸ ⁨CameraRaw⁩ ▸ ⁨CameraProfiles⁩ ▸ ⁨Adobe Standard⁩

cp2.png

If you don't see it, install the adobe dng converter 11 to reinstall the camera profiles.

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 11.0

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's that old of a camera and few people use it, profiles might never have been created for it, as profiles are relatively new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But then, how would Adobe dare to state that the camera is supported?

Or am I naive??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A supported camera is much different than a camera profile. A supported camera means that you can open that camera's imaged in Camera Raw. It doesn't mean they have a profile for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Look in

‎⁨macOS HD ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Application Support⁩ ▸ ⁨Adobe⁩ ▸ ⁨CameraRaw⁩ ▸ ⁨CameraProfiles⁩ ▸ ⁨Adobe Standard⁩

cp2.png

If you don't see it, install the adobe dng converter 11 to reinstall the camera profiles.

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 11.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines