• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which CameraRaw version for Sony RX100M5?

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop Elements 11 and a new Sony RX100M5. Elements doesn't open raw-images. Which CameraRaw version I should download? Or is there some other solution? Or can it be solved?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Hi Timo,

Well first off, congrats on the new camera, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

It seems that the most resent version of ACR that can work with PE 11 is v. 7.4 (source: Camera Raw plug-in and Adobe application compatibility)

However to work with your new camera, you need a copy of at least ACR v. 9.8 (source: Cameras supported by Camera Raw)).

You have two possibilities: the free way is to download DNG converter  (Adobe Digital Negative Converter.

Using this you'll first convert all of your raw imag

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Timo,

Well first off, congrats on the new camera, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

It seems that the most resent version of ACR that can work with PE 11 is v. 7.4 (source: Camera Raw plug-in and Adobe application compatibility)

However to work with your new camera, you need a copy of at least ACR v. 9.8 (source: Cameras supported by Camera Raw)).

You have two possibilities: the free way is to download DNG converter  (Adobe Digital Negative Converter.

Using this you'll first convert all of your raw images into DNG (this is not a bad thing at all, many advantages) and then use the DNGs in your copy of PE.

Plan 2 is to support your new camera with a newer copy of PSE. Think of it this way, technology changes. That is, after all, why you got a new camera, yes? If the camera can change, certainly your software to get the most out of your new camera could also be updated to newer software. It might be time.

either way, let us know if this helps you.

Best,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Gary,

Thank you for informative reply. As you indicate - and as I kind of anticipated - Plan 2 is the way to go.

Best,

Timo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines