• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White Balance Problems with Fujifilm X-T3 And Adobe DNG Converter 11

Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was eager to try out the new Adobe DNG Converter 11 — which supports RAW files from my new Fujifilm X-T3.

After importing the converted RAF -> DNG files in Lightroom Classic CC 7.5, I see that the white balance values of the files are completely out of the usual range of values: the "As Shot" default White Balance setting looks OK, but the tint correction is a very large number (i.e.: 77, for an ordinary daylight exposure). If I use any of the WB presets (Daylight, Cloudy, ...) the image turns very green. Something seems to be wrong with the converted files...

Thanks for your help,

- Fabio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Hello Fabio,

Thank you for reporting this. We are aware of this bug and it will be addressed in a future release. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,

- Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Fabio,

Thank you for reporting this. We are aware of this bug and it will be addressed in a future release. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,

- Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried Lightroom 8.1, hoping that you guys would have fixed the issue, but apparently the WB bug is still there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be that you have settings applied to some of your images, and Lr is honoring the settings, including the previous versions of the color profiles that had the white balance bug. For camera matching profiles, you should be able to apply any of the "v2" versions that include the bug fix. For the Adobe Raw color profiles (e.g. Adobe Color, Adobe Landscape), the corrected profiles are based off the "v2" version of Adobe Standard. Once Adobe Standard v2 has been applied, the other Adobe Raw color profiles will be corrected.

Regards,

- Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I hadn't realized that I had to use a different profile, it worked, thanks!

- Fabio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Thanks for clarifying how the fix actually works - I don't think it's at all clear that this is how the fix has been implemented so I think a lot of people are going to continue to assume it's not been fixed unless they find this thread!

That said, I'm having an issue where if I load up the new profile, but I adjust white balance and tint, and then flick between images in the Develop module, the large preview very clearly shows a different tint before loading in the correct one a fraction of a second later. Doesn't happen in Library module. Never saw it in 8.0 or earlier. Really difficult to go through images and make assessments of them when my eyes are clearly seeing a subtle but important tint change a fraction of a second after each one loads

EDIT: just realised that this may be because 1:1 previews and smart previews were already built using the 8.0 profiles for this shoot, and now I've applied 8.1 v2 profiles on everything so maybe that's why there's a momentary shift? Will try rebuilding all the previews for this shoot and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 8.0 has the same issue, btw...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can attest that indeed the same issue applies to Lightroom CC Classic v 8.0. I installed it yesterday and noticed the same. Hope this is fixed soon. Be good if Adobe would issue a communication on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the problem has been acknowledged, and the engineers are working on it. I don't know why, but Fuji raw files seem to impose an extra challenge. Adobe will never indicate when a fix will be provided. This is an issue that will be fixed when it is fixed. That is the "standard" Adobe approach.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, I sure hope it won’t take long

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi I got a very similar issue with the nikon z6 files. As Adobe lightrioom still doesn

t support nikon z6 RAW (NEF) files i have to convert them with adobe dng converter but the files look absolutely horrible in lightroom and have either a very intense green or pink tint. The only way i can fix it is to copy paste settings from another image. PLEASE FIX. Adobe you are losing clients all my other photo editing programs already support nikons NEF files and yet you are by far the most expensive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines