• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why did Adobe change their color profiling?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2019 Mar 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't for the life of me understand why Adobe went and changed their profiling. I noticed this on the Canon 5d4 and of course on the R as well.  You can see this too if you look at the test images on Dpreview for each camera. 5d2 RAWs and 5d3 RAWs with default Adobe profiles have much more punch and a please image. 5d4 and R RAWs just look super dull and you have to work much more to bring out the image. Is there ANY way to get the profiling of 5d2/5d3 images to apply to 5d4/R images? Is this even possible? What program is used to build profiles? I know you can do it, but I can't seem to figure it out.

Capture.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've moved your post to the Adobe Camera Raw forum where you are more likely to get an answer relevant to your question.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't tell you why the default profiles don't satisfy your needs. However, you can always modify a newly imported image until it looks the way you think it should and then save new camera defaults. Then those defaults will be applied whenever you import new images or apply the reset button to other images taken with that camera. Of course, you would want to use an image that is typical of your type of photography.

Another observation, Adobe did not "change" the color profiling for any camera model. Profiles are created individually for each camera model. That is why I suggested that if the profiles are not satisfactory for you in your specific situation then you can modify the default settings to meet your specific needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> "Is there ANY way to get the profiling of 5d2/5d3 images to apply to 5d4/R images? Is this even possible? What program is used to build profiles? I know you can do it, but I can't seem to figure it out."

How to Use Adobe's DNG Profile Editor to Make Custom Camera Profiles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are comparing 4 different cameras to each other. All 4 of those cameras are using a completely different sensor and a different processor inside. I would totally expect all 4 of them to look quite different for that reason.

If you find that one of the cameras is consistently giving you a similar color look that you don't like, you can always tweak it to where you do like it in a basic sense, then save it off as a preset. Then when you import your images into RAW, just run the preset to get it to the color baseline you would like to start at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines