• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is camera raw freezing/minimal files?

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys!

New to the forums and to CC. Just switched over from cs6 due to performance issues.

When using CS6 on the latest version of macOS Sierra, I could open like up to 90 files (never really needed/tried more) at a time, make my changes in camera raw, and then open them all into PS...all while listening to Pandora on the same computer!

Now, if I try to open more than 40 or so files at a time, camera raw freezes, and freezes anything else on my computer, too. I spent hours on the phone and chat with support last week, they made changes to my settings, but nothing seems to really be different (and I didn't feel like they were really all that knowledgeable).

Anyone else have a problem like this, or know a settings tweak I could make? Or is it just a difference between cs6 and cc? I would think performance would be improved with an "upgrade", but who knows?

Thanks so much!

D

[Moved from the Lounge (which is where you can "connect with your peers" from across all of Adobe's products for conversations that don't directly relate to help and support) to a product-specific support forum - moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?