cache problem

I'm hoping someone out there can help, since Adobe will not provide phone support to me because I actually bought the software to use instead of subscribing to it.

Anyhow, I cannot work on any of my images in Bridge because I get the following message:

Bridge encountered a problem and is unable to read the cache. Please try purging the central cache in preferences to correct the situation.

I have done this, multiple times. I also went into applications and found where I had over 100,000 images still in a cache, and deleted all of those. I have removed almost everything off my computer, putting everything onto an external hard drive in hopes I can get them back on later once I fix this. But, even with almost nothing left on my computer, I still get this message. I end up needing to force quit the program just to get out.

I am working on an I-Mac (2011) running with 10.11 (something) operating system.

Please help,

Bill

View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

cache problem

I'm hoping someone out there can help, since Adobe will not provide phone support to me because I actually bought the software to use instead of subscribing to it.

Anyhow, I cannot work on any of my images in Bridge because I get the following message:

Bridge encountered a problem and is unable to read the cache. Please try purging the central cache in preferences to correct the situation.

I have done this, multiple times. I also went into applications and found where I had over 100,000 images still in a cache, and deleted all of those. I have removed almost everything off my computer, putting everything onto an external hard drive in hopes I can get them back on later once I fix this. But, even with almost nothing left on my computer, I still get this message. I end up needing to force quit the program just to get out.

I am working on an I-Mac (2011) running with 10.11 (something) operating system.

Please help,

Bill

View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More
1 Reply

Re: cache problem

Adobe Community Professional, Feb 24, 2018

I'm not familiar with Mac OS folder structure, but the Bridge cache is under your user account, not the application files.

If that's where you went - did you delete the whole cache folder so it can be rebuilt? If you did that and it still won't work, it must be some kind of permissions issue.

View all replies

1 Like

Translate

Translate

More
Community Guidelines