• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

camera raw dont works in hdr 32 bit

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why I can not create HDR 32 bit by the latest version of Photoshop cc 2018 and camera raw updates?

Here is the problem: when I pass from camera raw to Photoshop after development of foto 32 bit, the file displayed dont have the mask that must be create automatically containing the raw camera changes. The photo in Photoshop  is not longer 32 bit but 16 bit although I have checked "Photo - edit - 32bit

System  of my computer:

monitor 1366x768

process: INTEL (R) CORE (TM):5-42104  1,70GHz

RAM 8.0 giga

sistema operativo 64BIT, proc. su x64

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

The 32 bits mode is very limited. And I’m quite sure that it is only an intermediate file format. Camera Raw does not work with it. You can create a 32 bits file, change the layer to a smart one and then change the bit depth to 16 bits (without flattening). You may use the ACR filter on that layer then. You will not loose the 32 bits depth for whatever use you may have and you still can modify your developement parameters.

It’s not your graphics, it’s not your computer it’s a limitation of the sy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bazzacoa7778623  wrote

the file displayed dont have the mask that must be create automatically containing the raw camera changes.

What mask are you talking of?

How did you create the HDR image?

If you open a 32-bits-image it will be 32bits. Photoshop does not modify the bit depth on it's own. This said, when you place a 32-bits-image into a different bit depth, Photoshop place as a smart object. No direct changes will occur.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for answer me.

I live in Italia and my English is not well,

I will try to explain you the problem as best I can.

I do: Automate - join as HDR pro ... I choose the photo, tap OK, so automatically open a new window where I choose to merge 32 bits and complete tone adjustment in ACR- After that, I'm in Camera Raw, where I make the changes (exposure, White balance and so on) and click OK.

Now I'm in Photoshop where the background appears but without the mask of the changes made in camera Raw, that is importan for add  further adjustements.

The problem is that I haven't the automatic mask! Why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bazzacoa7778623  wrote

I choose to merge 32 bits and complete tone adjustment in ACR- After that, I'm in Camera Raw, where I make the changes (exposure, White balance and so on) and click OK.

ACR works only in 16 or 8 bits mode, as most of the filters.

If you look at the history, you see that at some point, the "smart layer" is flattened. That renders all to a flat image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much !!!

I tried again to create by Photoshop cc image 32 bit per Chanel but I don't get the advanced Camera Raw editable filter.  I cannot even rasterize the change made in camera Raw.

I looked some video tutorials and I do the same things, but in my computer I have not the the same result when I finish my work in Camera raw, click Ok, and I enter in Photoshop. This is the problem

I checked the graphics card of my laptop that gave me the CPU failed. Maybe the problem is this,

Thank you very much for your help.

Have a nice day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 32 bits mode is very limited. And I’m quite sure that it is only an intermediate file format. Camera Raw does not work with it. You can create a 32 bits file, change the layer to a smart one and then change the bit depth to 16 bits (without flattening). You may use the ACR filter on that layer then. You will not loose the 32 bits depth for whatever use you may have and you still can modify your developement parameters.

It’s not your graphics, it’s not your computer it’s a limitation of the system. I need to say, that I never felt that as a limitation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I bought a new laptop with the requirements requested by "Adobe Photoshop cc" and "Camera Raw" so now I can work better. The old computer didn't have the grafiphic card.

I think that the real problem isn' t the computer but of the limit of the plug-in, I agree with you.

Tomorrow I'll try to follow your important instructions.

Than you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More memory definitively helps to speed-up things, an SSD as system disk is also important. The graphics card is important for some filters in Photoshop, because complex operations run on the GPU.

Use smart layers if you want to keep the 32bits and/or non-destructive filters (ACR is considered as a filter by Photoshop).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Merge to HDR Pro can not merge Smart Object Documents. They will be skipped"  😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I think that a thread on the https://feedback.photoshop.com with a constructive explanation on how that would fit and speed up your workflow would be useful. Maybe with a handle that would not be so confrontational to the employees 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines