• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

camera raw update problem

New Here ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, I have adobe Photoshop cs 6 stand-alone version. If I check the version of camera raw within the program

it says I have Version 9.1.1.466.  I have downloaded the version 13.0.1 and it says it has installed correctly.

When I check for updates, adobe creative cloud program runs; and when I check on the camera raw icon it

says version 13.0.1 Why has it not updated in my program. The reason I need this version is to be able to open

raw files from my new camera; that this version supports. I have shut down and re-started my computer

(windows 10). Thanks for any help. Dave.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Hi WelshWizzard,

I have some bad news and good news for you.

The bad news is that the version of ACR that was on your computer (9.1.1) is the most recent version of ACR that can be run by PS-CS6. Adobe stopped supporting CS6 years ago.

The good news is that you can download the Adobe DNG Converter

Adobe Digital Negative Converter

which can convert your raw images into DNG images and those can be processed through your current CS6 and ACR 9.1.1.

Remember: to use the DNG converter, have a folder of you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WelshWizzard,

I have some bad news and good news for you.

The bad news is that the version of ACR that was on your computer (9.1.1) is the most recent version of ACR that can be run by PS-CS6. Adobe stopped supporting CS6 years ago.

The good news is that you can download the Adobe DNG Converter

Adobe Digital Negative Converter

which can convert your raw images into DNG images and those can be processed through your current CS6 and ACR 9.1.1.

Remember: to use the DNG converter, have a folder of your raw images, and select that with the DNG Converter and start the process. It will then go through each of the raw images and convert them into DNGs and then will stop. You can toss (or keep) the raw images at this point. [FWIW, I've been tossing my raw images for many many years and rely solely upon the DNG images.]

One caveat: You didn't mention what your new camera is (BTW big congrats on the new camera), but if it's VERY new, it is possible to be so new that Adobe has not had a chance to update their software to do the conversion. You can check the following website to see if your camera is listed. If not it should be within a month or three. (No one announces this schedule ahead of time so no know outside of Adobe knows this info.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Please let us know if this helps you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary, thanks for your quick and informative reply. I now know where I stand. Have spoke with Adobe, all they want me to do is buy their subscription product; this I do not want to do. Have downloaded the dng program and it will convert my files. Due to ill health (77) I have had to go to a smaller camera and bought the Panasonic lumix TZ200. Missing my DSLR but at least I can still go out with a camera. Had it one week, still getting my head around it.Cheers Dave.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I hear you Dave, I'm 68 (yeah, a spring chicken) but my Canon 7Dm2 seems heavier each time I lift it.

I do not know what kind of things you use your camera for and I do not know the needs or depths of enhancement that you try to achieve. But if you're happy with PsE, great and now you can continue to use it with your new camera.

Enjoy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines